cable brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleebag

hi all don't suppose anyone can give any direction on how to fit front cable brakes on my tq hummer, i've just bought some and haveing a few problems, please help me, pictures if possible please, i get were the discs go and the brakes but were do i hook them up, will i have to get another servo for them or can i hook them up to my brake and throttle servo if i do will i have to get rid of my back brakes.
many thanks:scared::oops:

Post pics of your set up then we can talk you thru it. What servo do you have? You need about 8kg/cm torque to get any sort of performance from them but this will cover back brake as well. Obviously if you want it to stop on its nose then a high torque servo will be required. I run a Hitec 645mg with good results and you can pick 1 of these up for £25 at the mo from wheelspin models (assuming you in UK). I don't have mine set up with aggresive braking so this servo suits fine. If you wish you can have a Y connector from your receiver to run a separate servo for front brakes but personally I don't see the benefit. You would have to buy a new servo anyway so just upgrade the throttle/back brake servo instead and keep the set up simple. Just make sure you connect the front brakes to the right side of the servo!! Simples!!

Get yourself over to Deeside tomorrow afternoon bud. There is about 12 meeting up off here so should be a good crack. Most of them already know each other but I have never been before but looking forward to it! Bring it along & we will have it sorted for you in no time. I love them hummers, proper cool shell!! Nearly bought 1 but was swayed to a used FG Marder by my mates.

right i've got it sussed, i've just bought a futaba s3302 high torque servo, got it cheap off ebay it gives 8kg so should be fine and i downloaded some how to's off a fg website looks pretty easy so i should be ok. sorry couldn't come to the meet i had to work but it sounds good and yeah the hummers are good wish i'd spent a bit more money on one now though i've ended up replaceing most of the parts as the stock parts are really cheap and krappy for what i've spent on it i could of bought a brand new marder just bought a beetle shell for it as well as other things:scared::yawn:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks