Can anyone id this beast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. you werent kidding when you said "beast" looks scary with that role bar. it is an fg as stated. probly a 23cc. is that set up with the old mono front shock or is it just missing one

that would be missing a shock, the mono shocks were in the bulkhead area.

the motor is 23, i don't believe solo made anything but....

It's missing a shock, my MacF1 has the mono front end and it's different. I'd say that's a 23cc too. :)

I use Hobbytek in Germany for a lot of parts, they seem to have everything and always in stock.

Used to have 1 of these as my first 1/5 but sold it asap,cos it was so hard to get it to handle and brought a long weel base comp instead, you are right in saying it is a short wheel base fg sport line..

ya that may be on older G2D. like you said, is hard to see the label on the pull starter, but that don't always mean anything as the cy and zen pull starters are swapable.

well the PS is from a Zen G2D. take a look at the cylinder where it mounts to the case, there should be 2 numbers. you ll likely see it say 28-32 (28mm stroke - 32mm piston) thus a 23cc Zenoah.

For FG parts try Advance Hobbies in Toronto. The prices are pretty good and will save you on duty and tax fees. My friend is also starting a on-line shop locally and will be distributing DDM stuff on the Canadian side for us.

Ok well its ready to rock, minus the body that i have on order. I spent quite some time cleaning and replacing parts and what not. i found some shocks for the front that work great, just need to get some matching springs. I replaced the top arms, made a battery tray out of poly carbonate and also set up the front disks, they have tons of gripping power now. only thing i haven't replaced do to lack of time on my hands is the alloy bulkheads, they're next in line.

Now i have to wait till its nice out to test this puppy :D.

IMGP1818.jpg

IMGP1820.jpg

IMGP1819.jpg

IMGP1821.jpg

Very nice job!

If it's a shorter wheelbase then you have a few bodies to choose from. If you like the car once you test it out and what the other longer bodies you can always get a longer chassis to do this.

What's the wheelbase on it? 465mm? If so there's only 2 FG prosche bodies that will fit. 911 GT3-RS #5160 $273 OR GT2 #5154 $264 (these were Advances prices in Canadian funds)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks