Can I use MCD rally wheels on FG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they have the square to suit the FG blocks - yes. Just check how deep the offset is on the wheels as they may catch the steering arm on the hub unless you've got larger stub axles from an FG touring car (the one with the 2 circlip grooves) and for e.g 14mm blocks.

Hope this helps.

Mike

on road fg tires fit aside from the rim touching the bump stop that is on the knuckle which hits the arm. the on road version uses the same new front knuckle except the bump stop is removed...

so you should have no problems. at worst cut the bump stop off. I just turned my vw into an on road and put my old hard as hell F1 tires on. it'll drift good... I warn you now though, it gets very expensive on tires drifting. I was going to use on road tires but they look so small... like running 13 inch tires on an f150

on road fg tires fit aside from the rim touching the bump stop that is on the knuckle which hits the arm. the on road version uses the same new front knuckle except the bump stop is removed...

so you should have no problems. at worst cut the bump stop off. I just turned my vw into an on road and put my old hard as hell F1 tires on. it'll drift good... I warn you now though, it gets very expensive on tires drifting. I was going to use on road tires but they look so small... like running 13 inch tires on an f150

I have FG onroad tyres on it already (had to cut the stopper) as I race onroad and have heaps of still good pairs of onroad tyres. But they are still too sticky for drifting. I have lower the gearing and use G270 engine so there is plenty of torque there but still need harder tyres. Thats why I was thinking about MCD rally wheels with their white dot rubber.
Can you please show me the link to those hard tyres (good for drifting) you mentioned?

Cheers

Have you tried the PMT Kronos tyres? maybe a 30 or 40 compound which are the hardest, there are also split compound 30/40 too. I know theyre old as most use PMT eclips or GRP tyres for on foad racing but I happen to know where there is a warehouse full that will be going for the right money AND they're from the main MCD importer.

PM if you want more info.

Mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks