Can't start engine....Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C5vette73

I recently purchased the Losi 5T.

Before ever running the truck, I made a few upgrades including installing a kill switch and Bartolone pipe. The rest of upgrades are typical. Outerwears, shockwears, skid plates, etc.

Tried to start engine for the first time. Needles set to recommended positions.
Choked engine for first 2 pulls. Set choke to off position and pulled 6 to 7 times. No luck.

Checked fuel cap for any blockages. Removed spark plug, pulled 3 times to clear fuel from cylinder and reinstalled. Tried again and no luck.

Not sure what else I can do.

Any suggestions?

FYI based on other threads I've read, I tried closing low end needle completely and no luck either.

Tried removing spark plug and flipping car to get any excess fuel out. Not one drop came out.

Any ideas?

Which bartolone pipe do you have??? What are the Needles set to recommended positions. so you say that they are set at? If you have the bartolone XP pipe you have to richen the needles the H and the L should be at 1 1/2 turns out.

Which bartolone pipe do you have??? What are the Needles set to recommended positions. so you say that they are set at? If you have the bartolone XP pipe you have to richen the needles the H and the L should be at 1 1/2 turns out.

I have the XP pipe.

I have set to the stock recommended positions (1 1/2 out high, 1 1/4 out low) and the XP recommended positions you mentioned. No success starting either way.

Thanks

Ok try all the basic steps to eliminate something check the kill switch try a new spark plug. When you took the plug out was it wet? Idle you engine up some when trying to crank to see of that will start it. Check to make sure the kill switch on the engine is working right they can get stuck and kill the power.

Ok try all the basic steps to eliminate something check the kill switch try a new spark plug. When you took the plug out was it wet? Idle you engine up some when trying to crank to see of that will start it. Check to make sure the kill switch on the engine is working right they can get stuck and kill the power.

The kill switch is plugged into the coil exactly how stock switch was plugged in, however, I haven't connected it to the battery yet. Not sure 1) if I get engine running will I be able to shut it off engine and 2) if not connected to battery is kill switch not allowing me to start engine.

Plug was slightly wet with some fuel, but not excessive to the point of dripping. Had to run my finger on it to feel slight moisture.

Not sure I follow the idle my engine up part.

Thanks

Yes the kill switch will have to be hooked up to the battery what kill switch did you get?

Idle up just means to turn your idle screw in some to rev up the engine a lil to crank it.

Yes the kill switch will have to be hooked up to the battery what kill switch did you get?

Idle up just means to turn your idle screw in some to rev up the engine a lil to crank it.

Killerrc super bee. If not connected to battery, will this impede start up?

So I should turn idle screw in clockwise? How far in should I turn idle in?

Thanks for trying to help.

Yes it will the light on the super bee has to be green for it to crank so do you have the buzzer hooked up? So you are not hearing the buzzer activating? and plug to the battery from the receiver

Yes it will the light on the super bee has to be green for it to crank so do you have the buzzer hooked up? So you are not hearing the buzzer activating? and plug to the battery from the receiver

I'll try plugging kill switch to receiver auxiliary plug and see if that works.

I hadn't done so, because I'm waiting on a light controller from killerrc to plug kill switch directly into light controller.

I'll try tomorrow and let you know result.

Thanks

Ok great keep us posted.

I couldn't sleep and I just tried plugging in the kill switch into the receiver.

Success!

Wow, sounds so good.

Have a silencer on the pipe, but sounds nice.

Will definitely need to do some tuning, but very happy I got her running.

Hope I didn't wake the neighbors! Hahaha.

Thank you so much for helping me work through this.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks