Car has mysterious sparking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erion racer

Ran car today and notice a few things.

1. I notice my car had sparks coming from the bottom of the car, the weird thing is the sparks only occurred when the body was on the car. The sparks were not constant but noticeable. I thought maybe the chassis was scrubbing the ground but it was not, like i mentioned it only spark when body was on car. Anyone have any idea what might be happening?:confused:

2. Once body was removed I checked the inside of the body saw what seem to be an accumulation of exhaust gas/or oil mix residue(pic included) The car has the short stubby stock pipe no after market exhaust. Am i running to rich?

20121026_184443.gif

You will always get oily deposits from the exhaust due to the 2 stroke mix. As Al says try to route the exhaust so that it exits the body otherwise that is what happens. A piece of high temp silicone tubing can be used to extend the exhaust to the outside of the body if necessary.

Not sure about the sparks. My first thought was like you said with the chassis scrubbing the ground. Maybe post a quick video so we can see exactly what you mean cos its unusual for it to happen with the shell on unless there is a small fuel leak and the shell is stopping the vapour escaping maybe (clutching at straws here!)??

I was thinking that the splattering is a bit severe, as if the exhaust is against the body.
This may give poor combustion, perhaps, with some unburnt fuel entering the exhaust and detonating there - just a thought ..... ???

Al.

Personally I don't think it should have anything to do with the engine..... Are you running at a dusty area? As when you get small stones between 2 metal gears sometime it will create sparks. I notice it when I get off the racing line at our track. Which to be honest I think it looks quite cool. :)

Got random sparking issue resolved per a few suggestions on here, added the silicone hose to re-route exhaust gases out of the car and what do you know, no more sparks thanks to all for you suggestions.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks