Car Wash???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

So I haven't yet cleaned my new Baja 5b. I was wondering how you guys are cleaning your vehicles. I know for a deep cleaning I would dissasemble a lotof it. But for just the inbetween run cleanings. Do you use a hose and sopray them off? Or are you using break cleaner like on the nitros?

Whats the best way?

D

Good question! We all have many ways. I use an air compressor after each run and run them until I cant take the dirt anymore then I use a hose or pressure washer to remove most deep dirt and detail it with a hair dryer and WD40 - I know what a girl! I only do it when there is down time, raining, snowing, or I just cant stand it anymore. There are many different solvents and cleaners used like Simple Green that people use check out these for more:):

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1646&highlight=wash

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233&highlight=clean

car wash

i use air compressor spray dirt off and mix simple green and denatured alcohol in spray bottle spray all over and brush real dirty spots you can hold up front or back so stuff runs out of chassi i spray tires real good and brush these with brush you can spray stuff againand then i take compressor and spray off the vehicle real good inside of wheels and every were then i take armor all or some kind of protectent wd-40 but don't spray in brake area or clutch area and i have a good oil that i put in the rod ends on suspension joints ,hinge pin areas, shock mounts and shocks you might have to wipe with towel some places shine up chrome pieces you can wipe or blow off with compressor the armor all or protectentjust don't blow into brakes or clutch area ive never used hose on any of my big scale toys the last time i used a hose was back in the day when starting with nitro i thought i will just wash inside of our washtub my tmaxx and losi xxxnt sprayed simple green all over then used hose beautiful clean as hell went to use them oh no ..no electronicsin both trucks took reciever out took them apart dryed them real good with blow dryer and nope to late i had to go buy 2 new recievers and thats the last time i used hose.now these bajas and stuff at least you can take these reciever boxes out now alot easier than back in the day. hope this helps ive cleaned alot of big scale rc. good luck

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks