Carb air filter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

Hi I got this air filter with the bag that goes over it for my baja . Do I need to add oil to this air filter ? I bought a kit to clean it cuz I over primed it n full of gas n oil ended up there ( the gas dried but not the oil) so I cleaned it n it comes with a oil for it . So does it need it ? Thx n if any one wondering what oil n cleaner I got I added a pic ( went to avec shop they hade non butvtold ne to go to canadien tier n getvthis so I did )
Hi I got this air filter with the bag that goes over it for my baja . Do I need to add oil to this air filter ? I bought a kit to clean it cuz I over primed it n full of gas n oil ended up there ( the gas dried but not the oil) so I cleaned it n it comes with a oil for it . So does it need it ? Thx n if any one wondering what oil n cleaner I got I added a pic ( went to avec shop they hade non butvtold ne to go to canadien tier n getvthis so I did )
Sry bad pic n I dunno howcto edit . Better pic here

Attachments

• 20190906_152331.jpg
    20190906_152331.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190906_152909.jpg
    20190906_152909.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190906_153043.jpg
    20190906_153043.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0

Sry bad pic n I dunno howcto edit . Better pic here
Yes they very much need oil. Make sure not to over oil it tho, otherwise you'll choke your Engine and it won't run. You can spray some oil in a plastic bag then put the filter into the same bag and rub the oil in, helps keep your hands Clean and helps with over oiling.

Yes they very much need oil. Make sure not to over oil it tho, otherwise you'll choke your Engine and it won't run. You can spray some oil in a plastic bag then put the filter into the same bag and rub the oil in, helps keep your hands Clean and helps with over oiling.
Thank you very much. Figured I did as I already hade nitro n I did it with them but I still wasnt 100% again than you

Correct, the K&N oil is for cloth filters it will work okay, but won't protect the motor as well in dusty conditions. You should get foam filter oil for that guy. It's a lot stickier. I use PJ1 foam filter oil. It's frikking awesome! Just liberally spray it on and massage it into the foam and you're all set.

Please check,I think you have the wrong recharger(oil)kit, I believe that is for their gauze style filters.. not foam filters..
That was all I could find without maybe going 55km or 85 km away ( didnt call thows stores ) its acrc store that recommended the k&n

Sorry about that, Maybe the K&N stuff has changed since I last used it on 1:1 cars many years ago, was more of a light oil, not tacky at all.
I have been using No-Toil on my dirt bikes and rc use for close to 15 years, it is biodegradable, the carrier is alcohol based and the filters clean up simply with hot water and soap, no solvents needed, they sell a special soap but we find a good powder laundry or dish soap works well. Sometime if the bottles sit for along time the carrier and oil separate but all you have to remember is to shake it well before each use.. foam filter oil found at motorcycle shops would work well..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks