Carb filling with air repeatedly, primes up with bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, got a bit of a brain tickler here!
First start with everything stock gas tank full I primed with the bulb until only fuel was in the return line, and tried and tried to get my mega truck to start, spend a few hours and all my energy trying to no a avail, saw no spark and had to go rest. Next day put the plug, primed again, no air at all, fired up first pull, ran 10-20 seconds then died like I shut it off, had taken the choke off first so I had to block the carb with one hand, but nothing, finally tried priming and the carb was dry and had to pump the air out priming. Poof the carb gods made that issue vanish and I ran it several different days till finally running the tank dry with never an issue.
Ok fine, what's the problem?
Fast forward to taking out the engine and play with the clutch springs, change the reed block and put an 1107 carb just to have a sealed choke and low speed adjustment. Ok that was fine and got it all ready to fire up.
Put a 1/4 tank only, primed, fired up like a champ, great throttle response, smoke, ran 10-20 seconds and died out like it was out of gas, first on throttle was bogging then idle then nothing, pushed the primer and it was only air coming out, refilled the line with gas and it ran again same thing then the line needed to be primed again and would refill no problem with the primer but only run few seconds to less than a minute.
Been playing with the jet screws a bunch, held the back wheels up and nailed it with the front wheels ripping the ground up and its powerful until it starts to bog out then die.
It's a new carb, put the spiral diaphragm.... but I'm baffled the stock carb did this at first now a different one does it all the time. Going to be extra critical of the fuel lines to the tank next look, but was wondering if this gremlin has been seen before????

It's fine you where just posting at almost exactly the same time. Lol
Cool, thanks for the advice ... both of you.
You both hit the same point I had stuck in my head, I did try and loosen the gas cap to check venting, forgot to mention that. Must be sucking in air somehow ???
Super weird it did new then cured itself but now that I've played with the lines I must have aggravated it. Super pumped that I got to hear it live. It seemed to have much more response the short times it did run.
Never made a recording stock, I only have my gut feeling and when I post a video maybe someone could say.

is that a blocked up/covered clunk fella?
hard to tell proper in the pic,
or a way too long line in the tank,

edit; i think i see now, the clunks high in the tank,

Come On Wtf GIF

The clunk is on the yellow line and the black line is just above the bottom of the tank
Isn't the yellow transparent so you can see the supply and carb are full?
I guess not on this one, ouhps
I guess I need to relearn what I was so sure I knew. Or at least check in the tank when I'm hooking up fuel lines
https://primalrc.com/product/PRRMT115L/
I see now! I'm not tired anymore, looked at the kraken book, then I checked primal rc, sure enough, I goofed on that one. Probably just the rc gods frowned on me the first time I tried to get my truck running, had the most trouble I've ever had, then it magically worked, just a fluke on of the problems was similar to my new problem that I created for myself. If I would have filled the tank it would have been fine till I got to 1/4 tank, so by then I would have checked the pick up.
I feel like such a noob!
I've said it before and I'll say it again this truck is a real learning experience, it's as if I never did mechanics or touched an rc...

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks