Carb???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobermory

Hi all,
for some reason when i tried to tune my HSN on the carb it doesn't seem to make much difference at all (you can turn it two or three times with nothing happening) ive just fitted a jetpro clone which is definatly letting it rev higher but i still think there is alot to be desired especially on take off!!
so just wondering if the walbro WT-813 would make any difference to the take off or would there be any other carbs that would offer better performance?? bear in mind that i will be probably fitting a 8000rpm clutch spring in my next order:D
Thanks
Toby:)
oh yeah ive also seen Trip's tuning video that he uses his mutilator in and it definatly seems to have alot more squirt of the line

i fitted the 814 to my cy23 and it has made a great improvement to the acceleration
it can be differcult to start from cold but once started its fine
i have seen some reports of it being a pain to set up but mine has been very good the only problem i found is the extra fuel consumption

Hi again,
Thanks for all the replies guys:)
as i understand the 990 is the same as the 813 but with an accelerator pump??or is it the other way round??
Any advice on the 813 would be greatly appreciated as thats probrably the one i would be getting
Thanks
Toby:)

i used to have the 813 and changed to the 257 modified in my trevor simpson engine...very dificult to tune it but the result is killing...in the first test 2 tires went off the rims and one was destroyed . I do not know how the carb works in a non reed engine

y don't u try the metering spring mod first for the carb and then decide you can get extra springs form ddm for .75$. if that does not work then u can buy an 813.

go for the 257. they tune very easy, different from what you are used to though. hsn=1+ out, lsn=2+ turns out. 257 comes from factory with desirable popoff pressure therefore no need to adjust popoff. the 257 will give better performance than the 990, 813, 668, 613, etc. oh, and stay away from the 813. the tuning is different and a bit more difficult than any of the other carbs. also the shaft wears much faster which makes the tune get finicky not long after new. also, dirt finds its way into the plunger for the pump and that can give you troubles aswell. its not worth the money. i used to run nothing but thte 813's in all my cars but finally got tired of the premature problems. new out of the box i would rate the 813 close to the 257 but reliability doesn't last long is the reason i say don't get one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks