Carbon fiber 5ive t body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elhombre999

E4B2A976-02B0-4366-BF7E-375F13B5CD18-2465-0000041B0F2E8F46_zpsd66a55ec.jpg

Carbon fiber body I've made. i did the rear fenders so far and Gonna be @ glen helen rc raceway on sun to test out the rear fenders to see how it will hold up before i make the rest of the truck. Right now its 3 layers of 10oz carbon fiber. Lets see how much abuse it can take.

It will be a copy of the stock body. I don't use hi impact resin. Just regular clear epoxy laminating resin to keep cost wayyyyy down. The guy who has that body paid $600 fo that and as you can see on the inside its crackrd to poop.im trying to shoot for the same price as the stock. Mine has the carbon weave texture on the surface wich helps it not scratch and not having a thick glossy surface helps the piece stay flexable like lexan insted of cracking. His body looks awsome but in no way would it surieve a 30min race.

Those aren't cracks at all! That is saran wrap that was used as a way to release it from the molds. You may want to try that (hint)!
I think this is vacuum formed. I have ran this body on my losi and it is worth every penny, check it out!!!
Video:

P.S. I'm the guy that bought it. I would like another one for my Losi 5ive. The one you see here is for a custom Readcat XB-E that was stretched to fit this body.
It's so custom that it dosen't look like a losi or a XB-E
losi5teamshocks003_zps2af02f46.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only found the one on ebay. When he was selling them. 375.00 plus shipping that was from the UK so total was $492.00 I wish I could find him again.
I would send the extra to get the quality that is in this body. It is also lighter than the stock body and 18 times stronger. 17 bodies that I don't have to buy or paint! Humm!

Sorry. B4 i decided to run these bodys outta carbon i was scowering the internet and found pics of your body on a post some where saying it cost $600. No doubt that body looks awsome. Nice and glossy. Im trying to make a more durble cost friendly carbon body since i race and i know its gonna get bashed durring a race. I tested the rear fenders i made today and they held up nice so its a go on doing the rest of the truck. So keep posted if you want another one. I will have them done soon. And for half the cost.
Ps. If there wrinkles then he vacume bagged the part not plastic wrap. I don't vacume bag. And wax is a better mold release.

It is still going. I had to do some patch work because I used it in winter cold weather and had a hard crash. In warm weather it is very strong. If you buy one use it in warm weather only.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easier to make body penals of 3mm lexan(stock 2mm) instead carbon fiber it's less expensive and you can still paint it and it last much longer . pics is body I made with 3mm with wrap on

Attachments

• 20141006_170813.jpg
    20141006_170813.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 40
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks