carbon fibre beetle shells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

me and wagon are in talks about making up some carbon fibre shells monsterbeetle marderbeetle marder mcd racerunner but is there a demand if so what would you pay it will be this summer we are going to start making moulds in the next couple of months they will probaly be a little dearer than than lexan ones but you wont have to paint it and will look sick let us know what you think?

will do mate if theres enough demand then we will make some were going to make ourselfs some first to see what they turn out like and go from there

Renbar, that sounds like a great idea, however, i do not own an FG offroad. Any chance you guys will be making baja shells or other types?

Chris

will put some pics on here when we start as for radio plates is worth it as you can already get them but if theres enough demand then no reason why not as for other shells we are starting with the marder beetle shell as ive already started on the mould then we might do mcd racerunner 3 as thats what wagon drives as for them breaking yes they will my marder one shatterd but it hit wagons vaxhaul flat out but no damage to the marder only a snaped spark plug they have got to be twice if not more times stronger than the fibre glass one and theres alot of you using them at the min

I had a carbon shell for my HPI baja a while back and it held up very well without any tears. Should be great to see the beetle.

Chris

as it goes ive just got my beetle shell and tub was looking at doing one off them maybe you can get a carbon fibre laminating kit on ebay its the same stuff you just put it over the tub in a couple of layers and saves making a mould as the tub aint going to be easy i don't think would be just strong

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks