Carson C5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkk

I'm looking to get back into 1:5 after a decade away and I'm looking for somthing I can run around local parking lots (no local track). My question is what have people found with the Carson C5 the pics make it look similar to a nutech but I really can't tell too much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i run a c5 but i have upgraded it to almost fg evo spec
the carson c5 is a good car but did find that the plastic parts are not quite as good quality as fg
i found that the screws in the front hubs stripped the threads because they only screw into plastic where the fg one have metal inserts to screw into so you will have to change these sooner or later
90% of fg parts fit the c5 the main differences being the engine mounting the carson is horizontal and the fg sits at an angle
in my opinion the c5 is great value for money and easy to upgrade
here is a picture of mine 001.jpg

I'm also upgrading a smartech (same as C5), so far have disc brakes on all 4 corners alum hubs front & rear, carbon side guard,carbon front body mounts(FG),mixed in with nutech aluminum gear plate and motor mounts, but like my carson/FG brother, will be upgrading to all FG , have fun if you get one, oh, first thing, dump the tires it comes with, they suck :D

I found a very reasonable vendor in Europe that offers a wide variety of bodies on the Carson. I've only seen the Smartech with the Mustang body. Are there any reputable places to pick up either (smartech or carson) here in the states. Shipping from Europe is a killer.

Yeah, go with the GT5R, because you are going to get the upgrade bug, so why not start off with a great car with all the bling, and Nutechusa has all the parts, it's a no brainer :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks