center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickboy

hi all

can any one enlighten me on these closed center diff as what benefits would come from this and is it better for the front diff as we all know the front diff takes a lot of the power to the front wheels hence the lsd any one i would much appreciate it thanks

Last edited:
hi, i was thinking bout putting one in mine, as i have spool in middle at mo, althought its a racerunner, not mt. but if you do, you run the risk of 'bleeding' all that torque out the front wheels as the centre diff unloads. you could pop front wheels up on a bump etc, and as soon as they leave ground , front wheels unload a lot of power and u would lose some forward momentum i think. probably be worse for diff due to occasion wher it gets nearly all engine power going through it.
just my thoughts.

hi, i was thinking bout putting one in mine, as i have spool in middle at mo, althought its a racerunner, not mt. but if you do, you run the risk of 'bleeding' all that torque out the front wheels as the centre diff unloads. you could pop front wheels up on a bump etc, and as soon as they leave ground , front wheels unload a lot of power and u would lose some forward momentum i think. probably be worse for diff due to occasion wher it gets nearly all engine power going through it.
just my thoughts.

That is correct. An open Diff will send the power to the side with less resistant. Like on acceleration the front wheels will have less load so more power will go there and acceleration speed is lost due to front tiers skidding.
With a spool or LSD that is eliminated or minimized (in the LSD) so both side get the same amount of power no mater what.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks