Ceramic coating exhaust, to coat or not to coat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Print my own
What's everyone's thoughts on ceramic coating there exhaust? Or heat wrap? I can do either, both basically free, but is one better than the other? I have a victory big bore pipe and am looking to keep the heat down a little.

Those who have done it, did you notice better performance or a loss in it? Any noticeable temp drops? All input is welcomed, John

Minimal gains if any.With these rc's its beneficial to get the heat away from the carb but with the MTXL design the exhaust heat wont affect the carb.. Id spend your money on something else unless you want bling.

I haven't decided yet lol, thinking about wrapping it with header wrap since I have a roll. But ceramic coati my looks good to

I think I would rap it first. The reason why is you can remove it if it changes the performance for the worst. (explain) The ceramic coating or rapping will hold more heat in the pipe. The hotter the inside the pipe the faster the sound wave moves through it. This changes the timing of the wave at the exhaust port. This could be a good thing if the timing is off now or bad if its not

What's everyone's thoughts on ceramic coating there exhaust? Or heat wrap? I can do either, both basically free, but is one better than the other? I have a victory big bore pipe and am looking to keep the heat down a little.

Those who have done it, did you notice better performance or a loss in it? Any noticeable temp drops? All input is welcomed, John
I just received a raw booster exhaust, that I will be getting ceramic coated. There is a performance increase, keep the exhaust temperature out of the exhaust the same. If you header wrap and heat paint it will not last and its a mess to remove. It keeps heat away from the engine, which will rob horsepower and not boil your shock fluid since the shocks are close by. Its a cost of about 25 to 30 bucks, a good investment for the overall!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks