Charger - Any recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still haven't tried out the charger yet, waiting to get a power unit and charging board for it.

oh ok, well for future reference teh venom pro charger plus comes with a psu, a balance block, and a whole bunch of different connector leads. it charges everything from NI-CD to lead acid. the pro model is a little cheaper but is a little different. also it is important to note there is a US and a EU version of the venom charger ;)

Hi all,

Ive been using a B6 chepo charger I bought over a year ago, its been working well but recently realised its not balancing cells correctly in my lipos. using a meter the cells are off balance by around 0.04v or slightly greater.

So I want to buy a new charger. Any recomendations on a model and good place to buy?

Ive seen a few on hobbyking but very cheap and don't want to buy another that will not balance the cells correctly.

Thanks

Sohan
I use Extreme X-605. This charger is almost idiot-proof. got a lot of advanced features. but get one on eBay, preferrably auction listing. If you buy them somewhere else, they're pretty expensive. But make sure to buy the AC adapter too. For some reason, the company decided not to include it in the package.

New to forum but all of you seem to have forgotten about the required wattage to charge at your posted amp ratings. That is your most important number, not your amps. Wattage equals power. I advise checking out rchelicopterforums.com for a very comprehensive breakdown of lipo batteries, chargers, and charging-discharging techniques. Remember that your lipos are the most expensive part of your electrical system and the least forgiving. A good charger with appropriate power supply for your charging needs will last longer than your rc. I run an icharger306 with an amainhobbies super 40 power supply. I am able to charge at 30amps and 500 watts. Cheap is for tires and bodies, not the heart of your rc.

Links

Since everyone else is posting, I buy my ichargers from EPBuddy.com. Dale is very capable to help you find the best charger for your batteries and he sells power supplies too. His prices are very competitive. Amainhobbies.com is where I bought the super 40 ps. They also make a super 1000. Best ps for me since I drive with 3 other people, not to mention I can charge my phone or Ipod too.

been using the turnigy 8150 for a while now, hasnt missed a beat but the online specs are wrong.

firstly there is no 2s balance port, starts at 3s, can be modified but description is wrong. Also max charge rate is 7 amps not 8.

ill be upgrading to a icharger 206b when the funds permit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks