Charing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

When charging a life battery on a imax b6 charger I get multiple option, charge, balance, and fast charge. To balance it I'm guessing I put it on balance but will it change or only balance the 2 cells?? And what is good amp to charge battery ? Right now I'm at 1.5 but can go much higher but don't want to take chance to ruin battery

To balance charge it, you will need to plug it in to the balance block. At that point it will act like a normal charge, but distributed between the cells.

I always charge mine at 2 amps, but I'm not in any rush. I'm pretty sure you can go higher without having any issues.

What's your mah rating? You can. Normally charge at 1 c and be safe. Balance charge it the first time around and then after ever couple of charges. I assume you have a 2000mah so 1.5 amps would be fine.

I already did the balance option n it took only 5 mins n was done. It's a new battery.. how long do life battery keep there charge without use ?? I'm use to old nimh that lose all there charge over time. It first time i buy a new new battery
What's your mah rating? You can. Normally charge at 1 c and be safe. Balance charge it the first time around and then after ever couple of charges. I assume you have a 2000mah so 1.5 amps would be fine.
Its 3000 mh
I'm sorry what is 1 c??

Should hold a charge for a long while. Not particularly familiar with life batteries, lipos you take to storage voltage before long term storage.
What do you mean storage for lipos ?? I also go lipos for my hpi sprint flush that's electric
What do you mean storage for lipos ?? I also go lipos for my hpi sprint flush that's electric
Flux***

No problem, easier then me tying it all out lol.
It was perfect. I found the storage part n read that now I'm reading the rest just so I know . Thx again
It was perfect. I found the storage part n read that now I'm reading the rest just so I know . Thx again
But back on the life battery just soni understand properly I only need to take balance option every every now n then ? Other then that I just charge normally?

I only balance charge my batteries ever 4 th charge. Balancing can take a good bit longer. Your only running a 2 cell so it may not take so long. I have some 6s batteries that take fricken forever to balance if not kept up with. Guess there's some preference too, some guys balance every time. I have a cell checker and I check them often enough to know I don't have to balance every time.

I only balance charge my batteries ever 4 th charge. Balancing can take a good bit longer. Your only running a 2 cell so it may not take so long. I have some 6s batteries that take fricken forever to balance if not kept up with. Guess there's some preference too, some guys balance every time. I have a cell checker and I check them often enough to know I don't have to balance every time.
My lipos atm I put them in storage on charger but never balanced them within approx 10-12 charges. Did I ruin them ? Do I keep the storage n when snow gone n I'm ready balance them n thatvsit ??

Ok so this is my long term storage routine. Balance charge pack to full capacity. Let sit for 45 min or so (allows battery to stabilize, may just be me being weird) go back on the charger and (my I charger has a storage mode) discharge to 75% of total capacity (charger figures this out for me, I just plug in the mah and hit go)
No I doubt your batteries are ruined, they will more then likely be fine after a balance charge.
Your life battery is still lithium based. I would assume the same principals for storage would apply. Like I said before I don't have any life batteries so I never paid attention to the nuances of how to keep them up, outside of normal lithium based battery up keep.
I balance every charge. Only cause not in a rush. I charge the day before running.
I used to do that, then I got into helis a 6s 4000 mah pack is good for 8 min run time in perfect conditions, light wind takes that down to 5 min. Run times. I don't have the time of day to balance all those packs for a hour run lol. Now I just check my cells, if they get too far apart they get balanced when I get home.

Last edited:
When charging a life battery on a imax b6 charger I get multiple option, charge, balance, and fast charge. To balance it I'm guessing I put it on balance but will it change or only balance the 2 cells?? And what is good amp to charge battery ? Right now I'm at 1.5 but can go much higher but don't want to take chance to ruin battery
I'm guessing the charger didn't come with instructions . That's not a good sign.
I balance every charge. Only cause not in a rush. I charge the day before running.

Same here for the boat batteries. Day before balance charge all 8 of them. I can charge 2 at a time so it doesn't take for ever.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks