Chassis bent!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenogears

After an awful tumble I managed to bend the front shocks and bend the chassis. It’s bent right between the front and rear braces. Actually managed to break off the screw head at the end of the front brace!

Any thoughts on stock vs an upgrade? Rcmax says theirs is 10mm thick sounds indestructible, but maybe also a lot heavier? Trying to keep it as light and stock as possible including staying with the stock G320rc. Right now I’m leaning towards going stock again and hope it lasts another 6 gallons but I’m open for suggestions :unsure:

sorry for the crappy pics, pretty hard to take.D66C216D-F204-4C07-916A-1B4ACA6CD912.jpeg58A93EA5-EDFD-4BF9-884D-C59B2B676D0D.jpegD0DC44A5-E1F7-4B50-BCBD-6231D31D0976.jpeg9824AE44-E6C4-4004-AE4E-F0F36F90D7F8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
must of been one hell of a tumble. After doing lots of reading up before getting my truck apparently the 30 Degrees chassis is slightly stronger than the Losi one being 7075 aluminium

I'd be weighing up how much a Losi chassis costs, how much the RCMax plate costs and be thinking its a fit and forget item.

rcmax - £599.99
30DN - £94.99
Losi - £285 ish

Above is the costs I've just found, £600 is a lot of brass, its 2 losi chassis and 6 x 30Degrees chassis.

Last edited:
must of been one hell of a tumble. After doing lots of reading up before getting my truck apparently the 30 Degrees chassis is slightly stronger than the Losi one being 7075 aluminium

I'd be weighing up how much a Losi chassis costs, how much the RCMax plate costs and be thinking its a fit and forget item.

rcmax - £599.99
30DN - £94.99
Losi - £285 ish

Above is the costs I've just found, £600 is a lot of brass, its 2 losi chassis and 6 x 30Degrees chassis.
Where are you getting those prices? The rcmax chassis and losi chassis are basically the same price

rcmax - £599.99
30DN - £94.99
Losi - £285 ish

Yeah it was a bad tumble, but honestly wasn’t expecting this damage since I’ve done a lot worse at this construction site. Not the best conditions to run in if durability is a concern, and can be a pita cleanup when muddy, but lots of fun :)

The rcmax chassis is actually $280 just like stock. Stock can also be found for less around $170 here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/192732614952
Didn’t think about the 30 degrees chassis :unsure:
Just grabbed their body+cage since my body is probably gone in another couple of gallons at this rate
6D9030B0-6E5C-437B-A700-3881743F4FEC.jpeg

Ah, it seems I read the billet package price which included diff housings by looks of it, oops, the chassis you have screen shot is £239.50 here in UK.
Yea so don’t even consider the stock chassis at these prices the rcmax is way better at the same price. The 30dnt is definitely an option but for me would be a question mark. I like to follow the saying “buy right, buy once. Buy wrong, cry twice.” Rcmax chassis for me

Yea so don’t even consider the stock chassis at these prices the rcmax is way better at the same price. The 30dnt is definitely an option but for me would be a question mark. I like to follow the saying “buy right, buy once. Buy wrong, cry twice.” Rcmax chassis for me
At those prices your probably right, especially for bashing. A good investment for when you bend the stock chassis plate

I don't get how yall twist these chassis up. Just got the team chase chasis for my dbxl, and after stripping the old one down I checked how bent it was. After a lot of years and gallons of fuel its still almost perfectly straight. Yall crash to much.????‍♂️

I’m guessing it depends on how hard and where you bash.
I’ve bent a few 1/8 chassis as well and like this one they always survive the worst nosedives, what always gets me is a bad cartwheel :LOL:

I checked my dbxle as well and it’s straight as an arrow even though the chassis is much thinner, but I also never ran it as hard/long as this.
FYI I got a reply from both rcmax and Detroit performance both said the rcmax chassis is 100 grams (3 ounces) heavier than stock.

I’m guessing it depends on how hard and where you bash.
I’ve bent a few 1/8 chassis as well and like this one they always survive the worst nosedives, what always gets me is a bad cartwheel :LOL:

I checked my dbxle as well and it’s straight as an arrow even though the chassis is much thinner, but I also never ran it as hard/long as this.
FYI I got a reply from both rcmax and Detroit performance both said the rcmax chassis is 100 grams (3 ounces) heavier than stock.

My B-laws 1/8 truck ,on Studabaker hill!....LOL

I don't get how yall twist these chassis up. Just got the team chase chasis for my dbxl, and after stripping the old one down I checked how bent it was. After a lot of years and gallons of fuel its still almost perfectly straight. Yall crash to much.????‍♂️
All it takes is 1 wrong crash

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks