China = lower prices and the quality wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little advice

I have a good baseline with on road cars.

Here is the bottom line .

The cheaper cars will run and may have small trouble with motors and susp. setting BUT THEY are on a budget and yes you can race with them.
THEY ARE NOT AS STRONG AND BLING AS THE HARM RS5 FG EVO

For kids and guys to get in on the hobby it is all great .
now having owned a sportline and the evo there is a big difference .BIG
No they don't run the same one is tighter and responds like a race car and other is a good value yes but not at a level for competing.
To each their own its what makes you happy . not what your friends have.

The big $$ cars are nice to look at yes they are overpriced but it takes alot of work to built them.
enjoy what you have and the biggest part of it all is can you drive the car you have.
Invest in some tires and practice.Lots and have fun.
Some copies are ok but not the real thing and never will be.

cheers,
easy:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :dots: :dots:

I don't own an XRC or Hobbypro 1/5 scale, but I got to drive them both. Naturally, they are as fun as any on-road entry-level R/C I have had the pleasure to drive. Both the XRC and the Hobbypro performed like you would expect a basic R/C to handle...

i.e., poor grip, lots of chassis flex (some bounce, actually, on the XRC it was so bad) and poor brake balance but as a parking-lot basher they are, as has been said, perfect.

The quality is not an issue, in my book. The XRC and Hobbypro have similar design flaws, and it is the design aspect that suffers. FG, H.A.R.M., Lauderbacher and brands like them have a certain passion for their craft, and they have long since worked out the kinks in the design grade of their art. These Chinese knock-offs are worthy, but they are not finished by any means.

After driving the XRC and Hobbypro cars, I was able to take my buddy's 1/5 FG Evo for a spin, and of course you like the $4k Evo better than a sub-$1k Hobbypro or XRC any day. But it's a pricepoint to separate the passionate (read: insane?) and the frugal buyer who doesn't need nor know how to use a tuned racing machine.

However...yes, with enough money, no doubt the XRC and the Hobbypro could be made to compete. There seems to be a shortage of XRC and Hobbypro hop ups for their cars, but since it is a knock-off, no doubt Technokit, Smartech or FG hop ups could be made to work with no or little modification. Can they compete as they sit? Sure. Well? Umm...no, not well. But they can compete. Especially the Hobbypro...it is farther along the kinks-worked-out evolutionary ladder than the XRC, which is clearly made for parking lot fun. I suspect, also, that the XRC will be more difficult to upgrade due to its slight deviation from any known 1/5 scale design I have seen to date. It might actually have more in common with ancient RACO cars than any of the modern 1/5 scales available to us now.

Anyway...my $.02

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks