Chung Yan 26CC / HPI Fuelie 26cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Master

Is this engine really this sensitive or am I doing something stupid?

I am trying to keep my HPI 5T as stock as it can be, but I am at the end of my rope here.

I bought Walbro carb 668 rebuild kit and will rebuild the carb first

I checked all seals on the carb side and it is ok

I checked all seals on the engine side and it is ok no leaks or drips.

Checked the spark plug and igniter distance and it sparks well and strongly.

3 pulls with choke on almost starting then remove choke and one more slow pull then start and it works................ Sometimes.............. sometimes..........it does not. Sometimes it gets flooded on its own, running then dies and then flooded this engine is really testing my patience.

I am on the lookout for a replacement engine 30-32CC to replace this bugger if I cant fix it.

Ive had zero issues with my CY23CC and CY29CC. They're good engines, its likely something simple causing the issues.

I am really confused and irritated with all the quirks I have to go through to tuning this engine, I hope to solve it.
i ran atleast 52+ liters of fuel through my cy26 before head gasket went ☹..but now it ready to go again?

So maybe a head gasket change can help, how'd you know. Hard starting?

I have compression inside the engine and no visible leaks or even a smudge on the top portion connecting to the bottom part of the engine

I am really confused and irritated with all the quirks I have to go through to tuning this engine, I hope to solve it.

I have compression inside the engine and no visible leaks or even a smudge on the top portion connecting to the bottom part of the engine
Check your fuel lines inside and outside of the tank

Are you priming every time? Mine did that when I primed it and it wasn't necessary. As long as mine primed and ran before I don't have to prime again unless I drain the tank.

no...my head bolts came loose and blew gasket out☹ so i had to replace it...and put a new ring on while i was there?

Is this engine really this sensitive or am I doing something stupid?

I am trying to keep my HPI 5T as stock as it can be, but I am at the end of my rope here.

I bought Walbro carb 668 rebuild kit and will rebuild the carb first

I checked all seals on the carb side and it is ok

I checked all seals on the engine side and it is ok no leaks or drips.

Checked the spark plug and igniter distance and it sparks well and strongly.

3 pulls with choke on almost starting then remove choke and one more slow pull then start and it works................ Sometimes.............. sometimes..........it does not. Sometimes it gets flooded on its own, running then dies and then flooded this engine is really testing my patience.

I am on the lookout for a replacement engine 30-32CC to replace this bugger if I cant fix it.

If it is flooding on its own while trying to start it with choke off ,then it maybe a tank pressure issue ,tank is building up pressure
an forcing the fuel through the carb an filling into the block ,as you try to start it ,crack the fuel cap open an see if it starts easier!

Its very unlikely you're gonna have major tuning issues. They really arent all that finicky to make run decently. Catching the perfect tune can be a pain, but keeping it running is easy.

Its very unlikely you're gonna have major tuning issues. They really arent all that finicky to make run decently. Catching the perfect tune can be a pain, but keeping it running is easy.

I cant even keep it running decent, and when I shut off I can't get it running again and I am really getting pissed with this engine

I cant even keep it running decent, and when I shut off I can't get it running again and I am really getting pissed with this engine

You are mad at the wrong item ,make a check list ,you got spark ,even though you got spark ,the spark could be weak or not giving
off the right color spark ,a good color spark would be a blue spark an not too yellow!

Go to the fuel system that feeds the engine ,you have to make sure that the tank ,lines filter & tank breather is good ,the tank
breather is very very important ,if one could picture a sealed swelled plastic gas can ready to pop ,pressure has to go somewhere ,
more than likely it is escaping through the carb an down in the block ,I usually crack my fuel cap open after each run an when I store
gas stuff.If that checks out fine ,then a new carb or kit would totally have to be done if the engine had set for a long time ,like in months ,
or even a year or two ,meaning that all you working diaphrams in the carb is dried out an harden!

I would more than likely blame the fuel system first than the engine itself!....:cool:

You are mad at the wrong item ,make a check list ,you got spark ,even though you got spark ,the spark could be weak or not giving
off the right color spark ,a good color spark would be a blue spark an not too yellow!

Go to the fuel system that feeds the engine ,you have to make sure that the tank ,lines filter & tank breather is good ,the tank
breather is very very important ,if one could picture a sealed swelled plastic gas can ready to pop ,pressure has to go somewhere ,
more than likely it is escaping through the carb an down in the block ,I usually crack my fuel cap open after each run an when I store
gas stuff.If that checks out fine ,then a new carb or kit would totally have to be done if the engine had set for a long time ,like in months ,
or even a year or two ,meaning that all you working diaphrams in the carb is dried out an harden!

I would more than likely blame the fuel system first than the engine itself!....:cool:

Pressure release seems a thing to do for me, I have not done it I've kept the tank cover tight as always and it has a small pinhole only as a breather on the letter R of the cover.

Spark should be blue? I just recently changed the igniter to a brand new one and the spark is definitely stronger than the last one I had but the sparks are yellowish and not bluish on an NGK CMR7h plugs? am I missing something on this? Igniter is setup with the flywheel with the paper trick what should I change on this?

I doubt it tuning. Take a deep breath and dive into some YouTube videos on these engines. Thats how I learned. I was having the same headaches as you. Watched a few vids, did some reading, and after some practice I had them down pat within a few hours. There really isn't much to them. Air fuel and spark is all you need. Eliminate those categories one at a time and you'll find your problems. Just remember to put it down when you're getting pissed off. You'll accomplish nothing like that. Its really worth learning about.

I doubt it tuning. Take a deep breath and dive into some YouTube videos on these engines. Thats how I learned. I was having the same headaches as you. Watched a few vids, did some reading, and after some practice I had them down pat within a few hours. There really isn't much to them. Air fuel and spark is all you need. Eliminate those categories one at a time and you'll find your problems. Just remember to put it down when you're getting pissed off. You'll accomplish nothing like that. Its really worth learning about.

I am really on the edge here with this engine, I really am

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks