Clone wt668 carb problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcovelocity

Can anyone tell my how the tuning / configuration of 668 carbs??
I still can not tune my engine and have too much difficulty to tune the carburetor, now i wanted to put the factory setup to see if I could make a more careful tuning ....
How many turns have the screw of High / Low and the big one screw???

The car seems to have a good high power and speed but the output is extremely low and slow ... so slow that if you put your hand on top he has trouble leaving the area where it is stopped...

I have 8000rpm spring clutch,30.5ccm CY Clone engine and stock exhaust...the car is a clone of redcat rampage tt that you can see on the link below to have an ideia of the car..

All the help are welcome

regards from Portugal
Marco Silva

first tighten the manifold bolts down, and the carb bolts just in case they are loose
the low needle is 1-3/8 turns from closed
the high needle is 1-1/4 turns from closed

you have to turn accordingly, i found that when i have my low needle set at just under 1 turn from closed like at 7/8, and then adjust the idle screw accordingly ,
and i have my high needle set at 1-1/2" turns works best for me,
if your starting out slow then adjust your needles,
but that could be a good starting point for you to fine tune your engine.

it sounds like your topend is worn out. the clone engines do not last long, especially if you had a slightly lean tune or worse.

set needles to description above and if no improvement then it is just plain worn out. weak bottomend with what seems like a good rev, from an otherwise strong engine, means its worn out.

good luck

So ... after much trying and time lost tuning the carburetor the end result is still a bit further than expected to have ...

If you can give tips through videos ...

the screw of the LOW has a 1 turn open
the screw of the HIGH has a 1+1/4 turn open
the screw of the air is completely tight, and loosening the motor turns off and if i try to close the low screw also turns off..

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1dMGinCQGE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1dMGinCQGE[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the tips but the problem remains .... the car is still very slow at low as you can see in the videos ...i have even checked the clutch and the 8000rpm spring and everything was working well and freely ...
In a last attempt i bought another 668 to see if i see improvements or not ... i also have opened the carburetor and cleaned it and apparently i haven´t found nothing unusual ...

Thanks for all the tips but the problem remains .... the car is still very slow at low as you can see in the videos ...i have even checked the clutch and the 8000rpm spring and everything was working well and freely ...
In a last attempt i bought another 668 to see if i see improvements or not ... i also have opened the carburetor and cleaned it and apparently i haven´t found nothing unusual ...
my km was like this,very boggy no matter what i did.it has a kings motor 23cc engine. they don't seem to be as well made as zens and cy's.also have a tuned pipe. i tried other carbs but the engine is rubbish. its that bad ,i don't use it
.to be homest,yours isnt that bad, what make of engine is in it?

my km was like this,very boggy no matter what i did.it has a kings motor 23cc engine. they don't seem to be as well made as zens and cy's.also have a tuned pipe. i tried other carbs but the engine is rubbish. its that bad ,i don't use it
.to be homest,yours isnt that bad, what make of engine is in it?

this was the information that i pulled my engine once the car arrived ...

the head has a stamp saying (ZH) and a side of the engine has a sticker saying (HY3016265) in the carburetor that I could read was (0 .. FI09916-26 RUI * ING)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks