Closing Dodge dealers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotelcalif

So are they closing any Dodge dealers in your town? Here it looks like 3 or 4. Some are Jeep dealers but one big Dodge dealer that has been around for a long time.

Chrysler was one of our best customers for stamping dies, but we haven't made a die for them in 6 mos. We used to make 2-3 per week! This economy is really getting scary!

The auto industry is scary all around. My main part of my business is auto detailing, but this year I have had to diversify to painting houses and crap too as the dealerships aren't selling vehicles. I just do personal stuff now as people are keeping their vehicles. I hate polishing boats, but am doing a few now as I have to change with the times... and I have been sitting at home playing video games for a week waiting for work (passing time. I hate video games really, but I need something to do). done pro bono work for the co op as well.

I just bought a ton of supplies and the automagic distributor was telling me about his sales. the day we met he does a run around an area, usually about $3000 in products. that day it was $500. I got about the same amount of crap as all the dealerships he visited, but I am good for another year or so.

I had a 1976 Dodge Dart for my first car. Great car. Unfortunately, I had one more Dodge after that and with 30k miles on it, the engine went to hell. Horribly disappointed. It's too bad they are closing dealers up, but when you make unreliable, lackluster cars, expect the worst eventually. Hopefully bankruptcy and/or the merger with Fiat is a good opportunity to rebuild the company.

I worked for Sprint for years. Their wireless unit went to hell, we lost tons of customers and there were tons of layoffs. No ones fault but the organization. We didn't get a government bailout either.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks