Clubin's Redcat MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great truck......i didnt like the looks of the jet pro for the hammer when it came out...but the performance is outstanding

let us know how the pipe performs...hopefully just as good as all the other jet pros

Hey Clubin, Have you tried out your Rampage MT yet. I've been eye balling those for a while now. How do they campare to the MCD for the money. Did you or do you have to purchase any upgrades right away to make them more bashable. Also are you running the factory servos or did you upgrade. Don't mean to have so many questions but I'm just trying to learn a few things. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

Hey Clubin, Have you tried out your Rampage MT yet. I've been eye balling those for a while now. How do they campare to the MCD for the money. Did you or do you have to purchase any upgrades right away to make them more bashable. Also are you running the factory servos or did you upgrade. Don't mean to have so many questions but I'm just trying to learn a few things. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

They are like half the money of a MCD! There are a few that have been successfully bashed, and the only issues were shock shafts.

Redcat listens to their customers, and they are upgrading things that us as customers didn't even have issues with. Not like MCD's they know they have problems with things and don't adress the issues, instead they make it impossible to contact them, and hope you just give up. Well I have given up on my MCD's!

The diff's are excellent, tunable with silicone dill oil.

All that really needs to be done to the MT is shock shafts PhatDad makes a set 66 for the set of shafts., and a upgraded cylinder they come with a cy 23cc I installed a race poted 28.5cc BB kit. I installed a Jetpro pipe too. C and D gears get ruined very easily just like the MCD. So Ramtech makes some steel 25 tooth gears that come in a set of 2.

Servo's also need upgrading, but hey, fo rthe money, I coulp build 2 redcat Rampage MT's for what one of my MCD's cost me.

Parts are half of what the MCD parts are worth too which is a good thing, I did some price checking and just couldn't believe what the parts were worth.

You know what this LS stuff is like, there is always somthing better. I am very impressed with mine.

They are like half the money of a MCD! There are a few that have been successfully bashed, and the only issues were shock shafts.

Redcat listens to their customers, and they are upgrading things that us as customers didn't even have issues with. Not like MCD's they know they have problems with things and don't adress the issues, instead they make it impossible to contact them, and hope you just give up. Well I have given up on my MCD's!

The diff's are excellent, tunable with silicone dill oil.

All that really needs to be done to the MT is shock shafts PhatDad makes a set 66 for the set of shafts., and a upgraded cylinder they come with a cy 23cc I installed a race poted 28.5cc BB kit. I installed a Jetpro pipe too. C and D gears get ruined very easily just like the MCD. So Ramtech makes some steel 25 tooth gears that come in a set of 2.

Servo's also need upgrading, but hey, fo rthe money, I coulp build 2 redcat Rampage MT's for what one of my MCD's cost me.

Parts are half of what the MCD parts are worth too which is a good thing, I did some price checking and just couldn't believe what the parts were worth.

You know what this LS stuff is like, there is always somthing better. I am very impressed with mine.
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear thet they are put together well. I have a esp 30.5 I was going to stick in mine plus with the jetpro pipe I think I will be good. I understand what yourtalking about with the MCDs, You figure for the price things would be alittle better built or customer service would listen to the customer. Don't get me wrong I love the way it handles and so forth but some od the issues I 've had you would think they wouldn't exsit with a model of that price. As for the Redcats go I don't know if I want the Mt or the buggy. I've kinda always wanted a 4x4 buggy but we'll see.

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear thet they are put together well. I have a esp 30.5 I was going to stick in mine plus with the jetpro pipe I think I will be good. I understand what yourtalking about with the MCDs, You figure for the price things would be alittle better built or customer service would listen to the customer. Don't get me wrong I love the way it handles and so forth but some od the issues I 've had you would think they wouldn't exsit with a model of that price. As for the Redcats go I don't know if I want the Mt or the buggy. I've kinda always wanted a 4x4 buggy but we'll see.
Hey, check this out, 2 for 1 and all the factory upgrades, lots of extra parts
http://www.vancouverhobbies.com/2for1rasa.html
E-Mail Rob.

Holy crap man, Thats not a bad deal at all, I will seriously think about that. Is that where you got yours from?
Yep, I was sent there by Gas Jockey. You know what is another real good thing is parts are just as readily available as the HPI stuff, every one seems to have parts. I still can't get over the price of replacement parts.

I agree with you on the parts.I have noticed the price is very inexspensive for replacement and hop up parts. The more I talk about this the more I can't wait to order this thing. Not to drag the MCDs back into this but I think I have sold mine. I need something new and its time to move on. Plus I broke down and bought a artr baja 5bss and I am going to rebuild it over the winter. Alot going on, my wife reminds me how much money I spend on this stuff daily.

My wife doesn't have a clue what this stuff is worth. Trust me it is better that way. I make the money my wife budgets it in such a way that there is never anything left for me. lol
Kinda sounds like mine, she never leaves me anything either.

My dear wife doesn't complain too much. I usually only spend overtime money on my RCs anyway.

And to further quiet her down I actually SOLD one of my pistols, a nice Taurus .38 snubby, so I could contribute $200 to her hardwood floor fund in the dining room.

Whoever wants to buy a (Rampage TT5 Or MT5) pm me and I'll speak to some friends of mine that owns Pro5thscale.com and they will bet anybodies price hands down.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks