Clutch and exhaust temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roni92

Hi, i finally got infrared temp gun and could measure all. Clutch bell is getting pretty warm at 160*c and exhaust manifold got even to 200*c, head mostyl 105-140c but highest number was only close to the exhaust manifold. Is that all normal? Clutch was engaging pretty weak but nothing unusuall was happening. Was driving pretty hard, but i reckon clutch temps are going into 150-160 and staying there not raising anymore.
oh and i forgot to mention its rovan baja 5b with 29cc stock gearing, 195mm rear wheels, so a lil longer final ratio than stock (stock wheels 170mm)

35mm of extra tire diameter is a lot, these wheels are causing more wear in the transmission and clutch, I don’t mean it will break the car, but yeah, the clutch will work harder. My clutch bell is usually around 80c degrees, but it is vented, have the can exhaust, use stock tires and go wot or 0 so not much slippage Id assume.

actually it was too rich, runs better when i leaned high. I know bigger tires will put more wear and temps on clutch but i actually like that new gear ratio, its perfect balance between speed vs acceleration, stock is disappointingly slow ;

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks