Clutch Bell Shaft broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z.hb71 that torx bit worked. SUPRISINGLY !!!!!
I never thought that would work because the torx bit has those thin splines that I thought would just strip right off but surprisingly I was able to drill out a lil bit of the head and jam the torx bit socket in there. I carefully and slowly turned and was able to break it loose and get it out. i think all the other attempts I did helped loosen it some too though. Bottom line its out.

Well i already ordered an extra engine mount so now ill have 3. Ill just use the others as extras to have on hand. Ive attached pics below of the other mount that still has the screw broken off in it but its too skinny to work with. Youll see that ive drilled it out quite a bit but theres nothing to grab on to and theres no torx that skinny thatll fit down in there (4mm). The only reason i was able to get the other one off using the torx was because the head was still on and it had something to grab on to. Any ideas here ill appreciate it. Tx

It would help if the screws themselves were hardened and didnt strip so easy. Does anyone know if theres any harder screws available? Also Does anyone have any ideas on how i might be able to get the other one out???

Also I haven't even started to attempt getting the broken clutch shaft out of the carrier. Ill keep you guys posted on how that goes. I guess ill try the drift and hammer that someone suggested and try knocking that sucker out of there without damaging the clutch carrier.

Thanks
No problem, glad it worked out for you!!!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks