clutch shoe bolts coming loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkey

anyone have this problem??? i have an hpi 26 (cy26) in my sportline and the clutch shoes keep coming loose. ive tried using never seize and grease on the pivot points, and lots of red loctite, still come loose. anyone run into this problem before, basicly every tank i gotta pull the thing apart and tighten them up, or they end up jamming against the clutch bell and stalling the motor.

try some saraited shake proof washers, and put some clear silicone on the threads , i find that works red theadlock seems to loose its grip when the temps,, get high .

BTW: you don't need to buy the clutch plate pulling tool.. What i always do is put 2 bolts in and crank them down until the thing gives. Also, if you don't have a piston stopper, just use a rope or some fuel line in the spark plug hole.

Chris

thanks for the input. i do have the bevel washers installed. the whole clutch assembly (and motor for that matter) have been run for less than 2l of fuel. i bought the motor off e-bay as a take out from a 5b ss, it came with the clutch plate but no clutch shoes, bolts or washers. my lhs was able to get me a duratrax clutch set, thats what i went with. it looks like a typical cy clutch set, thats what i thought it was however after finding out that duratrax/carson uses its own motor, i don't know if it is just a cy clutch. either way, still shouldnt have the clutch bolts coming lose.

i have a new clutch plate in the toolbox, i guess i could try throwing it on, see if it fixes the issue.

Get one of these
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2442/.f
Get and 2 of these of these,
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2443/.f
Check the condition of hte clutch shoes, if they are worn or out of balance that is also a issue. THe shoes should also be replaced if they look worn.

Install the parts with blue loctite on the clutch shoe mount bolt snug it up, let the loctite cure overnight. That should solve your problem.

How does the clutch side crankcase bearing feel? It could be possible the crankcase bearing is worn? Check it when you have it apart. There should be no movemnet up/down on the crankshaft. I have had a few fail.

everything feels and looks like brand new, and it should, it almost is. nothing is worn, threads on the bolts look perfect, same wit hthe clutch plate. thats the issue, everything looks like brand new, i cant see anything thats causing the problem. i had this problem from day 1. after running the car for 15 minutes 1 clutch bolt backed out enough to jam against the clutch bell and stall the car.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks