Clutch Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the elcon race clutch. Haven't tested yet but i know it will kick some tires for sure. I am waiting on my care package from ddm. I have some spacers coming, alloy pull start handle, turtle clutch bell, ramtech from and rear shock mounts. etc, etc,. I have the four shoe race clutch from lauterbacher in my monster beetle, and monster truck. And i can say from experience they just plain HOOK UP compared to the two shoe ones. Had the ones on my fg for couple years now. Still running good. No replacements yet. I know that it may seem like 100 bucks for a clutch is high. But i read alot of people are not getting much life outta stockers. So in the long run it's pretty cheap. Plus they hook up like no other. Also they are totally adjustable. Most are from 6000-10000 range. Just set the way you want it to hook-up.

I have the Elcon on the Gas Devil and it rooks.
A friend have it on his Baja SS with stock Bill and he is vary happy.
No regrets, it ran for about 10 tanks only but still as new.
I recommend it for any RC car.

4 shoe for sure if your going anywhere off road.

the elcon and the lauterbacher 4shoe off road clutches have been doing well so far. some are running the FG 4shoe clutch with good reports so far too.

DO NOT use any aluminum shoe clutches, they arent made for the abuse off road use gives them.

I am amazed at how well the Elcon clutches have been working and holding up in my Baja's. I run them in sand alot and the stock clutches didn't last long at all, the Elcons are great.
From other user reports the Lauterbacher seems to work well also.

I have the ELCON on the Baja SS & Carson Gas Devil and vary happy with it.
Did not try the Lauterbacher. I am thinking to use it for the Carson CPT. If I did I will report back the results.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks