clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleguy301

I know there was a thread about clutches but I couldnt find it.

Any ideas with my problem.

My truck doesn't seem to engage until the rrrs are up. Also at time it wouldnt engage when the throttle was fully engaged.

I figured it is something with the clutch but what.

I still haven't torn down my truck yet so I am not quite sure as to the ins and outs just yet.

Any info would be great.

have you noticed a change latley or has it always been like this?

first thing you need to do is remove the clutch bell and have a look, sounds like what BTB said but if its always been like this maybe its just got a high RPM spring and this is how it should be.

I bought it used this spring and it was always like that. As the summer when on it seem to get worse. I was thinking maybe a good cleaning was in order but I thought I should ask.

At times I would rev it up and it would not go. Strange.

In the next month or so I was going to take it apart and get to know the machine. Good cleaning and some mods:) are in order. I have all winter to do it. Layed off from my work so after this x-mas rush I have a few months of working on it:)

Just trying to save some $$$$ and have fun for next year.

really sounds like the shoes are worn. i always keep a set of clutch shoes handy because they can fail (had the lining fall off once) and they can wear quickly depending on what surface you run on.

if its always been high rpm to enguage clutch chances are its a high rpm clutch spring, you can change it to a standard one which are dirt cheap and sold everywhere but yeah find the time and inspect it before buying anything.

Thanks alot sperera. I was told that it could be as simple as crap built up in the clutch itself.

I was also looking for a pipe and some other mods, but for the most part I don't need anything extra for the clutch. With the pipe I was looking for some low end power so should I go with the standart clutch spring or keep a high RPM one?

i personally ran a high rpm clutch spring because it really lifted the front wheels with one and I liked that. It does put a little more straing on driveline components but FG do quality stuff and you shouldnt have a problem, if you want to be safe stick with a standard but im confident you wont have any problems with a high rpm one, mine didnt and almost everyone I know runs high rpm because it really launches the truck from a standstill.

if you want better low end performance a pipe and high rpm spring is a must. my opinion the VRC pipes are the best (bar none) for all round performance. Ive had 2 jetpro pipe one one domintor, dominator was good all round but stupidly loud which I hated. Jeptpro's are quiet and the most solid pipe out there but mainly good up top, ill be getting rid of my jetpro for a VRC as soon as the bank account lets me!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks