cog stripper ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may be experiencing motor mount issues. If the motor mounts are not tight the mesh between the diff gear and the spur shaft gear will be too much. Then when there is flex the gear misses and strips. You may also want to check that the diff support (triangle aluminum piece above the small gear) has not gotten loose and can move.

Have you replaced both the diff ring gear and the spurshaft gear at the same time? Once one strips and chews on the other they will keep messing with each other until you match them again.

Make sure your mesh between the two gears is as tight as you can without the gears actually touching and tightening the drive trane. Most people will do this with a standard business card between the gears when setting the mesh at 1st until they get the hang of how tight they want it.
Make sure the gears are straight and aligned together as well and not running crooked.

Alloy mounts are the best and a good recommended upgrade to the plastic motor mounts. With them you can crank down and locktight the screws which will further prevent the screws from coming loose.

Any photos of the gear?

btb to the rescue again i will post some pics when i ve stripped it down its also the second little cog i ve put on it but i will replace both this time also i think the distance between the cogs is to great as u said !

I have a marder & just had the same problem. Stripped the engine out & found that the small mount had completely split in 2, the bolt that fixes the mount to the engine had sheared & the grub screws holding said gear had been superglued in place! had to drift the gear off the shaft. When resetting your engine, make sure you position it tight & fix the screws with no loctite. When you are happy that it is good, take the engine mount screw out 1 at a time, loctite & replace. It is worth checking these after every outing as they probably take the most hammering.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks