cogs inside the servo on monster beetle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul

hi could anyone please help me i bought a monster beetle pro recently whent out for first time today everything going good when i heard a bit of a noise clunking when i steer could anyone please tel me if ther are ment to be plastic these cogs or metal on the standard monster beetle pro cos myn are plastic and never lasted 5 mins il post pics to show yer soon

im concerned bout others aswell cos i know it wil happen to other people who buys one

Last edited:
here is the cogs on my fg monster beetle ther all rips to bits rounded of the lot 5 mins on it brand new im show these should be steel any comments please

Attachments

• 28072008052.jpg
    28072008052.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 10
here it is bigger size its mainly the middle cog 5 mins of play and ther wer a knocking noise when i turn this is the servo for steering let me know if al yours are plastic cos im show ther ment to be steel

Attachments

• 28072008052.jpg
    28072008052.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 12
No fear, there are allot of lesser priced servos with plastic gears. Most have a metal upgrade that you can get and upgrade. Check the manufactures website and see if they offer them. You should also check to see if your turning too gar one way or another. The steering should just reach the front arms with the steering stops.

ive done it now got an upgraded servo now with metal gears in side but when i turn left and right ther is a metal bar wot touches the upper right frame and left should it do this

thanks for this bean a lot of help i think maybe ther want to turn slightly more do i ajust somot on the controler like the trim or somot if it is turning to far

Last edited:
cant beleive my luck on this fg monster beetle pro i bought a new servo for steering and i set up all the trim on radio thanks to the guys who help me on here for that appreciated but now i upgraded ment to be metal cogs inside this servo anyway wos out after an hour on it steering goes again when i turn could here the cogs turning inside but no steering brought it home tuk the servo to bits and geuss wot its got 2 metal cogs and 2 plastic ones i think ther al ment to be metal you know metal and plastic cogs cant go together CAN THER please help me i need to know if i can get an all metal geared servo please help

I would say there is a problem in your steering set up. The metal gear servos normally will have a gear or two in plastic so as to not take out the servo but a replaceable plastic gear. The gear is normally replaceable from the manufacture. How does your servo saver look? Is it broken? You may want to check it. Seems odd to go through the servos so fast? What servo did you get?

servos

i think its a futaba one not show the power of it thougth wots the servo saver and i see some people are saying to put 2 servos in it for steering but i shouldent have to can you suggest any servos with al metal gears

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks