Confusion say what ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swerv

Hello all.....
Well i'm happy to be on board.....
Looking to get my very first 1:5 scale vehicle, i'm hopeing you guys can get me on the right track...
I FEEL IN LOVE WITH A LOSI 5T.....
I herd a few things about the LT 305.....
I was just introducedto a King Motor X2 earlier today....

Now with that being said, there's nothing like a new project .... I'm trying to find out which would be im my best interest to purchase.... Looking for the OVERALL BEST VALUE & A BADD AZZZ vehicle that can take a licking and keep on ticking.... Help me out fellas please......

That's basicly what it all boils down too.... I'm just wanting to know if the LT 305 & THE X2 are even worth the trouble, or should i wait even longer to get my first 1:5 scale car(Losi 5T).... Will i regret not waiting ? I'm leaning more towards the X2 going by ALL the things i've read & saw about the LT 305..... I'm thinking get the X2 in a roller & build on it & up grade the internals(diffs) slop & all other elements of the car..

I owned both, and don't regret selling the 5ive T and buying the KM X2. It has been every bit as good as the Losi and then some. Early LT305's were sloppy but they have been much better with quality control lately, just add alloy shock towers and the Rovan would be decent too....I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the 3 choices.

I owned both, and don't regret selling the 5ive T and buying the KM X2. It has been every bit as good as the Losi and then some. Early LT305's were sloppy but they have been much better with quality control lately, just add alloy shock towers and the Rovan would be decent too....I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the 3 choices.
If you don't mind me asking why did you sell the Losi ? I was more or less go with the KM X2 ROLLER & build on it taking my time one part at a time until it's just how i want it.... Would you mind telling me what you like about the KM X2 ? What made you keep the clone over the original ?

So basically i have to decide whitch would be in my best interest then..... How about the body quality between the KM X2 & the L5T ( durability)? I just want to know pound for pound roller vs roller, comming straight out of the box whitch one considering everything that everybody knows about these trucks.... IT'S EATING ME UP OVER HEAR WHY A CLONE OVER A ORIGNAL ?

Most 'clones' are pretty good nowadays, and a good entry with a new vehicle into largescale RC.
Most parts are 100% compatible between the 'Bajas', and as/when parts break, most people replace with NON FACTORY hop-up parts - which are interchangeable between the models.

Argument then becomes not if it is better getting 'original' or 'clone', but can the original still be considered original, still be considered 'superior', or quite simply just another model its owner enjoys ragging about.

Go your way.
Remember, a breakage is a perfect opportunity for upgrading - that's what most do - so if there are any weaker parts - your rig will be as tough as anyone else's.

Al.

If you don't mind me asking why did you sell the Losi ? I was more or less go with the KM X2 ROLLER & build on it taking my time one part at a time until it's just how i want it.... Would you mind telling me what you like about the KM X2 ? What made you keep the clone over the original ?
It was worn out and going to be too expensive to rebuild the way I wanted, so I started over with KM and couldn't be happier. The KM body has held up fantastically well. The KM is far superior to a stock Losi, great upgrades included, bigger 4 bolt engine, tuned pipe, the servos are actually good and Lipo compatible, it was a no brainer for me.

That is so goid to hear .... I WAS THINKING ROLLER,how are the km x2 differentials ? With the coins that will be saved i'm thinking 7 or 8 hp to start off the show.... I'm lost on the servos not trying to break the bank on that department,but i would like to have some decent yet reliable servos to complement the engine .... Shal i approach this as if I'm buying another Ofna.... Anyone who's ever owned a Ofna will know exactly what I'm talking about.... Anyone out there ever tried one of those wraps ? Any advise on those ? I appreciate you guys so much... Are there any other things that i should take into consideration before I make my final decision and purchase ? Call me crazy, but i just LOVE the way the losi sits... Is it just me,why is that ? Is there any other tips & advise that i should take into consideration before i enter the laboratory and start building my monster project(& end up in the dog house or couch lol j/k)?Screenshot_2015-12-06-22-39-17-1.png

I would get the RTR since you get a decent running engine with fine electronics and then upgrade as you go. Saves $$$ and you won't be disappointed with having to wait for out of stock parts to finish a build. I have not had a single diff. issue, I did add a center diff. lock from team chase, but it is not critical to having a good running truck. Just handles and jumps better this way.

Ok , so your saying that the stock servos are good..... You haven't had any issues with the diffs... Let me get this right now, pound for pound bolt for bolt the clone is superior than the orignal(RTR or just flat out).... Well let me ask you this then how long have you had the KM X2 ? Does the King Motor have the same axle issues as the Losi (will i need to get extended axles )? I will admit i am feeling that bling factor though .... Points go to the KM on that one... Ok after countless hours & months or mental photo shoots, the Losi stance(the way it sits) just makes me want to make it rain on the Losi (the significant other says that I'm cheating on her with a RC, lmao ) I'm thinking it's the wheels & tires(could it be the wheel color itself or the tires side walls)... After crunching the numbers ( robbing Peter to pay Paul ) i will be making it rain for the Losi lol.... I CAN'T DO THE PAINT SCHEMES from the KM .... Are the bodys interchangeable between the KM and the Losi ? What about suspension and handling characteristics (shocks)?

Almost 2 years running. Mine has been better than the Losi performance wise. More power, no breakage or wear issues experienced. You can get the body in clear, and yes they swap back and forth perfectly. What axle issue did the Losi have? I have only broken 1 cvd in the 5 years in 5th. scale. It was a horrible crash in a chain link fence. (my fault) I would assume the KM has the same "issue" for they are built the same. Both trucks handle the same, when setup the same.

Well, what i mean by that is if i wanted to change the rim & tire style, i would have to get extended wheel axles.... The losi's are on the shorter side.... The guys from "RC ADVENTURE" did a review on one of the clones not really shure whitch one it was though, but after a brief running period they went inside & found metal shavings in the engine & diffs..... Their recommendations was to get the roller break it down and go through it thoroughly before running it.... I watched that whole "PROJECT LARGE SERIES"..... I'm figuring it to be on the older side, before the company's steped up there quality control issues.... So i can put the losi cage & body on either one of those cars, thats cool though.... Call me petty ,but every RC I've ever owned I bought them because of the way they looked (i've ALWAYS paid someone to paint them for me except my very first one and that was a hornet )then folled up with the research..... The part that kicks me in the jewels with all of this is is the fact that when you get the models home you still have to put money into them, now i can see if your competing but just the bash come on now...... Really?

The only mods. to my X2, are the air filter and a lipo receiver battery, just because they're better than what it came with. Not necessary, but improvements over time. The truck is fine stock after a thorough going over as suggested.....

Well thats GOOD TO HEAR .... I'm all in... I'm thinking roller all the way... My brothers & cousin have sent there baja's two theO'Neill Brothers for engine upgrades.... Well i need some good servos that don't brake the bank now,any recommendations ? I wish i knew someone who dose wraps or someone who could coach me on this....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks