Contrast quattro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazi

I'm opening this post because I've not seen any open for this car untill now. . This is the car I'm using this season and it's an awesome machine, the difference in performance between the quattro and the FG mini I was driving is unbeliable. In fact this is probably the first 1/5 4WD competition car build, and allthough the price difference with plastic 4WD is high, if you are Racing at long term is not more expensive, I've just changed weels during the season while my friends have been investing in aluminium parts to upgrade their FG's, they have probaly expend same as me and their car performance is still low comparing each other.

I'm just copying scecs from Contrast site

Kit Quattro 4WD Race

The Contrast Quattro is the first on road car four-wheel drive designed for competition and in pursuit of maximum performance and fun.
Based on our successful Neox chassis, Quattro has been designed with a mixed transmission system based in a synchro belt and drive gears which favors smoothness, power, lightness and mechanical endurance. With only 10,480 kilos weight fully ready to run and a wheelbase of 530 mm, Quattro adapts to almost all bodywork of market and it is the first stone of the new 4WD large scale competition. The future of large scale begins with this car.

We recommend order the pipe Mielke Tornado "right side" number 406604/1

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

attachment.jpg

mesipicsrcs19041316.jpg

I like the way it is layed out except for the drivetrain too many gears. The drivetrain could be simplfied. Bet it really handles well especially since the motor is layed down.

Last edited:
Well. Ordered a Quattro a couple hours ago and wondering why it isn't here yet. Lol hope to see it in a few weeks actually.

Sorry for the late response, here you have my review, the car is a piece of poop and I'll not buy it :D:D:D:D:D.

The truth is that I'm a Contrast fan, the car is build about 10 miles of my home, so I've seen the company start and grow since the first day, In fact Dani (the owner) has become a good friend of mine.

The Quattro is an amazing car I've been Racing the full season and I've still not changed a single piece for wearing or breaking, it cost double than a plastic FG but is worth the money, many of my friends have expend more money in aluminium upgrades triying to make the FG competitive.
To give you a little example of how good is the car,I'll tell you that I've been out of the rc scene for nearly three years due Health problems and this is the first time that I attend the Nats, I never though that after so many years without Racing and at Nats level I'll get three podiums and lead the competition after three races, frankly speaking, I'm there due the reliability of the car, not just due my hands. In fact I got the pòdiums because fester divers got mechanical problems with their FG's.
At the beggining I was a little concerned about the exposed belt but it hasn't been a problema untill now, I'm changing it every race because I feel more comfortable , but I'm still racing the used ones for practice untill they die, live is long enough for a cheap replacement part. the only maintenance you have to make is checking and cleaning the pulleys, sometimes you can find some tire gum balls stuck on it.
I'm now not sure if the front one way comes with the kit, if not, this is the only upgrade I'll recomend to add, it makes a big difference when you attack tight corners or brake.
Another good point of the quattro is that removing the belt front diff and front drive joint you have a competitive 2WD that is able to race against other brands, it's true that Contrast is selling a kit that change some parts to make it more competitive but without it the car is also competitive enough.

Good to hear kazi. Your first sentence scared the crap out of me lol. Kinda wished you posted this in the on road section. That's where I hangout.

I am however a FG 4wd fan myself. In fact I own one and love to run it. I just wanted something different and when I saw the Quattro and did the research I had to own one. In a way I'm a man that likes symmetry. As in I like owning both sides of the competition. Thank you for the review and if it's not too much to ask can you post some pictures of your Quattro?

I'ts not at his best moment because I've still not take care of it after the last race, just started to dismantle it for general cleaning.

20150703_093227_zpsbrgz76ss.jpg

20150703_093210_zpsdtvnv9ul.jpg

Action shot

10421124_10204579990488365_2686710008909889362_n2_zpsg7p6vv2v.jpg

We don't race together I race aginst FG 4WD's only. 2WD and 4WD are diferent categories.

lightscale 1.5mm BMW body, great body, very detailed and comes with the trimed windows. The rear wing is from a local brand called CRSR

Did you put oil or grease into your diffs? I'm at a critical point. I need to install the front diff. The instructions call for grease but the diff is packaged with diff fluid. Hope you can help me here.

What's up myrcbud, are you enjoying the quattro? I finally lost first position at the nats due I couldn't attend the last race, but bearing in mind I lost my father same day, who cares about a rc championship, let me know if you have any questions.

Hey Kazi, glad to read your back. The car was at a stand still until today. Just received the engine, rx, and battery today actually. I'll be working on it tonight. Still deciding on a body, and waiting on some tires. I'll be posting a picture when she's done.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks