Convert KM truck to buggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Macdonald

Since I got my KM T1000A I also picked up a Losi 5T. Now I'd prefer to convert the KM to buggy format rather than have two trucks. I got the clear body from Dan, but otherwise haven't really done much. Has anyone tried this? Will the buggy body mount on the existing framework, or do I need additional parts (not including stuff like a wing - I know I'll need that).

I guess another way of asking is: are the KM trucks just buggies with additional rails added to support the truck body?

Thanks!

Steve

I've done the conversion and it's a must unless you want to keep buying 100 dollar bodies for ur truck. I had the short course truck I bought from Dan also. Drove it for two weeks and the body began to crack all over the place due to vibration and jumps. Truck holds on but body does not. Starting looking for bodies and they are all on the 100+ side so I just went with the conversion to a buggy. Body is only 30 bucks, still high but way better then 100. So went with that. Remove the spare truck parts. I think u might need body extenders. Buggy wheels (lighter and smaller) always better! Extenders (I have yet to buy these but I hear it makes the truck handle better and look better as well. Enjoy ur conversion I know I did! Very beneficial

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done the conversion and it's a must unless you want to keep buying 100 dollar bodies for ur truck. I had the short course truck I bought from Dan also. Drove it for two weeks and the body began to crack all over the place due to vibration and jumps. Truck holds on but body does not. Starting looking for bodies and they are all on the 100+ side so I just went with the conversion to a buggy. Body is only 30 bucks, still high but way better then 100. So went with that. Remove the spare truck parts. I think u might need body extenders. Buggy wheels (lighter and smaller) always better! Extenders (I have yet to buy these but I hear it makes the truck handle better and look better as well. Enjoy ur conversion I know I did! Very beneficial
Cool. My T1000A is still in pieces on the shelf -- that buggy conversion is still on my list of upcoming projects. In the mean time I bought a $349 KM buggy roller and stuck a 320RC + KM sidewinder pipe in it and it's an absolute dream!

I am new to 1/5th and just recently picked up a used KM truck and have been thinking of converting to a buggy due to body expense as well. What body mounts will I need to mount the buggy body?

I am new to 1/5th and just recently picked up a used KM truck and have been thinking of converting to a buggy due to body expense as well. What body mounts will I need to mount the buggy body?

It’s been a while. I can’t even remember where I bought the conversion kit. I’ll check when I get in from work today. I’ll keep you posted. Try googling conversion kits from Baja truck to buggy.

I guess I have been lucky with the body that came w the X2, it has its dents and cracks, but not that bad.

Of course running it in very cold weather will make the truck body more brittle.

There is a guy in YT who did the conversion and some investment is involved. don't remember, but it got real expensive the buggy conversion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks