CPI pipe WOW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46u

I have a race the 26th and thought I better run my Baja to see if I need to do anything since I put the Lauterbacher 4 shoe clutch and the CPI pipe on. I did several other things but nothing that should need any adjusting. The only two pipes I have run so far till today was the stock can and the side Mielke. The CPI works so well low end I do believe if I set the clutch up where it would engage at a little higher RPM good chance I could do wheelies.

As is the front end comes up and sometimes completely off the ground. Not much but where the front wheels are off the ground just a little or very light on the front wheels. Here at the house do not have a really good spot to check all out top end but I give the CPI pipe great rating so far. I am running a totally stock CY 26 FOR NOW.

Would like to hear more about the CPI big bore as I am building 3 new engines. All so would like to hear from others running the standard CPI with bigger engines.

Will check back after the race to let all know how it works on the track.

DSCF2942.gif

DSCF2949.gif

DSCF2953.gif

DSCF2954.gif

Works well and very well protected. They all so make them in chrome but I like black better as if they ever get looking bad just blast and paint them.

46...Did you drill a 5 mm hole in the side of clutch bell yet?....Do that and sand the hole too debur....make's for easy adjustment for the clutch shoe's....Slawhammer

I have the Turtle clutch system and it all ready has the hole in the CB. I am going to drill a hole in the clutch housing and put a rubber plug in it so I will be able to adjust the clutch with out taking anything off. Turtle makes a clutch hosing with the hole in it but for $59 I think I can modify mine. My whole clutch is enclosed.

TRcompleteclutchsystem.gif

Last edited:
I really like the pipe! It does not only give very good performance but all so is well protected. The big bore pipe from what I have been told is very similar the main difference is the stingers are bigger diameter and do not go in to the chamber as far. I will post back once my CPI big bore pipe gets here. So many sell one pipe and says it is good for all sizes which might be true to a point but CPI sells different pipes for different engines. Standard pipe for stock engines and a big bore for bigger displacement. Mike at CPI said the big bore pipe when run on bigger displacement engines gives .5 HP and 800 more RPM over the standard pipe.

46...Did you drill a 5 mm hole in the side of clutch bell yet?....Do that and sand the hole too debur....make's for easy adjustment for the clutch shoe's....Slawhammer

I finally drilled a hole where I can adjust it and use HPI part # 86664 to plug the hole when not needed. I got my CPI big bore pipe but now I need to finish up one of my engines to test it on. Been tied up for all most 2 weeks getting ready for Diggers Dungeon.

I really like my LB 4 shoe off road clutch with the Turtle complete clutch system with the alloy spur gear holder. All so in my transmission I have the HPI heavy duty gears which are stronger lighter and much rounder. I all so have a titanium gear shaft. It turns REAL smooth and is all most a 1/4 pound lighter.

The one draw back with the CPI pipe I have had and others is about every 3 to 4 tanks of gas the o-ring needs to be replaced. I just received 3 different types of o-rings I will be testing this weekend at Diggers Dungeon.
CPIOrings.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks