CPI Side Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiggaJ

Well Jackrod and I got our long awaited CPI side pipe designed specifically for the V4 last night. Picked them up from the Parcelforce depot in Liverpool and took them straight over to see Jackrod. First off, import tax of £54 for two pipes makes these pipes £163 each delivered. Bearing in mind the Samba is £189 ex shop and it does not fit correctly this makes the CPI pipe a good buy.

On closer inspection the pipe has 3 fixing points making it rock steady and comes with all the bits and pieces to fit it. The steel used is a far better gauge than the Samba and being a two stage pipe will relieve a little back pressure thereby hopefully giving a little better performance than the Samba although this will be tested.

All in all this pipe certainly looks and feels substantial and on first acquaintance appears to be better constructed than most I have seen (apart from the Uber RC Predator pipe but this is for the HPI Baja so we won't count it in this comparison).

One last thing, Large Scale RC were great to deal with both on the phone and via email and these pipes took 7 days to arrive from order!! and that includes a weekend. Not bad.

All we have to do now is wait for our new engines!

Last edited:
Hope you boys are goiong to start a "race / blog / thread" type thing when the racing starts. Would love to follow that and see how you both get on.

Would also like to get to one of the rounds if it aint too far away.:)

hey there mate the nearest round to you would be nook which is wakefeild would be great if you come and had a laugh at me and john getting beat haha.

enter the baja in the 2wd class

hey there mate the nearest round to you would be nook which is wakefeild would be great if you come and had a laugh at me and john getting beat haha.

enter the baja in the 2wd class

Was thinkin that. Would I be able to enter just one round ??
Do I need BRCA membership? What date is the Nook round ??

You may see a surprise appearence from "Team Hyperpete" at Nook then !:w00t:

hey Pete you can enter just one round, you would be in the 2wd class which has a 26cc restriction and the pipe has to be silenced to something around 80db so you might get away with the Predator pipe. brca membership is a must but only £15 for the year.

This is a very well attended class with something like 60 drivers registering but not all go to all races.

It would be great to see you at some meets you could even pit for team 'BiggaRod Racing'. This is our official team name, stickers made already. :lol:

hey Pete you can enter just one round, you would be in the 2wd class which has a 26cc restriction and the pipe has to be silenced to something around 80db so you might get away with the Predator pipe. brca membership is a must but only £15 for the year.

This is a very well attended class with something like 60 drivers registering but not all go to all races.

It would be great to see you at some meets you could even pit for team 'BiggaRod Racing'. This is our official team name, stickers made already. :lol:

LOVE the team name guys :w00t: (ooerr !! fnar fnar !!:lol:)

Would love to do at least one meeting. Will keep an eye on the BRCA website and check out the dates :D

Last edited:
LOVE the name team guys :w00t: (ooerr !! fnar fnar !!:lol:)

Would love to do at least one meeting. Will keep an eye on the BRCA website and check out the dates :D

ah right finbar....:lol: we have to come up with something as there is a team called 'team 5hite'.

I have a new shell coming tomorrow so doing it in a new colour scheme and the only sticker on it will be 'BiggaRod Racing' across the roof, well apart from the MMR sticker.

these cars should look the muts nuts mate cant wait lets hope we can do them justice on the track

Well, sent the pipe off for the engine to be tuned to it and get a comparison with the Samba. The dyno is operational now so should be getting some results through towards the end of next week.

New shell arrived today so I will start on it over the weekend. Hurry up and buy your rolling chassis mate.:lol:

ah right finbar....:lol: we have to come up with something as there is a team called 'team 5hite'.

I have a new shell coming tomorrow so doing it in a new colour scheme and the only sticker on it will be 'BiggaRod Racing' across the roof, well apart from the MMR sticker.

You gotta post some pics of the "BiggaRod Racing" shells once they are painted !

Can't wait to see them !!:D

(btw.... Team 5hite !! Thats fantastic !!!!!!!)

just ordered my cpi pipe from largescale rc :cup-1:
just need two servos now out of stock till next week at al's hobbies:mad:
still have to wait on pipe

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks