crank case mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DOne mine too

The problem, big ole air intake hole in the crankcase. acts like a hoover for anything that lands on your chassis, grass stones, and small children.

Copy%20of%20DSCF3662.jpg

Trimmed mesh (aluminium mesh for repairing car bodies)
Copy%20of%20DSCF3664.jpg

Now just stick it down with automotive filler (aka chemical metal, plastic padding, P8 etc) and you are finished.

Copy%20of%20DSCF3667.jpg

Copy%20of%20DSCF3668.jpg

I don't want to sound rude here but i would be thinking more towards cleaning that air filter before any mesh mods mate as it looks like it's well dirty/oily.

PS: good job on the mesh ....

yeah, that's on the to-do list, but it's only the outer surface of the outer filter that's dirty, the inside surface and inner filter are spotless (I do check before and after every run, I'm paranoid about killing the engine with dust)

p.s. filters should be oily (I use Putoline dirtbike sponge filter oil, which is dark blue, I spray it from the inside then massage it through the filter to get good coverage), dry filters are bad! Admittedly I went a bit overboard with the oil last time (hence the dark looking stain on the rear of the filter)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks