Crazy Stu intake on a 5T 2.0???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgarbarino

Hey guys, I posted a while ago about a Crazy Stu or Turtle Racing intake. I went with the Crazy Stu and it was delivered today. The DDM website says modifying the cage is necessary but in my original post guys said not necessary to modify the cage. Well, the intake gets in the way and pushes against the left side of the cage and I can't get the body all the way on. It looks like If I trimmed a little off then carb side of the intake tube I should be able to clear the cage. How have others got it installed without any modification?

Also, when I removed the stock air filter there was an aluminum spacer about 1/8" thick between the stock filter and carb. Do I use that with the velocity stack or just use the gasket that came with the intake?

Thanks in advance.

Just saw this on DDM:

Please note that this system will fit engines sized from 23cc-30.5cc. They will also fit 32cc-34cc engines but the cage will need modification.

I still think if I trim the tube a little it will fit.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I posted a while ago about a Crazy Stu or Turtle Racing intake. I went with the Crazy Stu and it was delivered today. The DDM website says modifying the cage is necessary but in my original post guys said not necessary to modify the cage. Well, the intake gets in the way and pushes against the left side of the cage and I can't get the body all the way on. It looks like If I trimmed a little off then carb side of the intake tube I should be able to clear the cage. How have others got it installed without any modification?

Also, when I removed the stock air filter there was an aluminum spacer about 1/8" thick between the stock filter and carb. Do I use that with the velocity stack or just use the gasket that came with the intake?

Thanks in advance.

Just saw this on DDM:

Please note that this system will fit engines sized from 23cc-30.5cc. They will also fit 32cc-34cc engines but the cage will need modification.

I still think if I trim the tube a little it will fit.
I don't know that much, maybe @Seandonato73 could help. He knows a lot about carbs and such.

Same as above. I trim them, they rub a bit but not enough to worry. Or just cut some of the cross brace out of the side of the cage. Either way works

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks