Custom wheel adapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazi

I'll like to share the wheel adapter I build for my Contrast Fuego, I'm normally using DLD tires and made a direct fit adapter from square to hex to avoid desmantling the square hub to put HPI rims, the length have been measured to get the same front and rear width regarless the wheels used.

IMGP9187.jpg

IMGP9186.jpg

IMGP9185.jpg

IMGP9184.jpg

kazi, nice job very well thought out piece,
so when does production start???:2guns:

are the squares the same size as fg for mounting?
if so these will work great on alot of other rc ,how much is the added offset on your buggy??
thanx for sharing,

are the squares the same size as fg for mounting?
if so these will work great on alot of other rc ,how much is the added offset on your buggy??
thanx for sharing,

Squares are same dimession than FG, no extra offset have been added, the extra hub leng is the difference between DLD and HPI rims to get the same width. The Contrast is allready at the maximum permited comp width with stock DLD rims.

How do they stay on the stock axle and square?:helpsmilie:

there is about 9-10mm remaining axle from the square to the thread, this is what keeps the hub centered with the axle, the square is used for drag. The wheel is attached with the M24 nut, to change the wheel I don't remove this nut, I remove the M6 nut from the axle, and the adapter goes out together with the wheel, leaving the axle an square ready for a DLD/FG tire type.

Wow

I have the IMEX XRC crapola buggy that breaks everything and I as wondering how much you would charge for the adapters? I am currently in Iraq and would really like to get a set here, do you think you could mail them?

Many Thanks,

-Scout:2guns:

I bought ramtech adapters for my fgbaja and have to stack a 9mm square behind them to get the right offset...
Kazi yours are an awesome set up, I run discs all round but these would still work with my 17mm squares....are you making more?

thank's for the interest guys, at this moment I'm not planning to build parts for sale.

I planned to test it intensively during christmas hollydays but we are having bad weather all day long, I've still not run it, anyway I've been working in my low front arms that got a design problem and I've the car ready waiting for a rain break, I'll keep you informed.
Bigger the better why they will buy the idea if it's not patent pending? they can just copy it :bored:, some years ago I started selling custom parts but I couldn't take care of the bussiness properly due my job so I decided to stop, my larger sold product was the HPI Savage receiver box when the stock box was so small that it was impossible to fit a decent battery pack. I sold over 400 units and payed my full hobby expenses during two years, I though it was a good idea and the units sold confirm it, but nobody made a copy. Probably because the product was complex to manufacture and not very profitable for someone that makes his living from it, same will happend with these adapters, at first look they migh seem similar but they are more difficult to manufacture that ramtech ones. That means the cost will be higher and probably the sale price can't rise to reach the market , my experience in other scales is that not many people really appreciate the extra quality and performance offered, and they where allways comparing pricing against Integy and other mass cheap producers.

Here you have a couple pix of the Savage reciver box.

caixa005.jpg

caixa008.jpg

Wow, Thats some nice work. Sometimes just making enough for others to sell can be profitable for both. Sometimes running into the right people makes a difference too.
I wish you luck. Again, very nice work.:)

Nice wheel adapters...I know you could sell some here in this forum...Take orders and money order's for them..with a list of people who want them...First come ..first served
with a waiting list....Just my thoughts....AKASlawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks