CustomCVP.com Losi 5ive T CVD protectors review with pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolauncher

CustomCVP.com Losi 5ive T CVD protectors review:
So they arrived well wrapped in bubble wrap, thanks Al. Not a scratch on em'....yet. Glossy finish on both sides, 3.6-3.8mm. (hand laid) thick fiberglass in matches everything black with smooth edges. Light and super stiff, the material reminds me of 1/10 pan-car chassis for you carpet racers....

To install, you simply remove your hub carrier pin nut and the bolt into your swaybar end. Speaking of which the stock swaybar end bolt will no longer be long enough to mount these. Do yourself a favor and snag a pair of M4, .07P x 30mm. bolts ahead of time. Home Depot actually had them after a 10 min. search through the drawers.

The hinge pin nut holds them on one end and the swaybar end bolt holds it to the middle of the arm, tighten these both securely, the hub carrier nut just requires a tick of play to remain free.
Through the range of travel they don't rub, and it really stiffens the arm a lot. Mine took some good shots from driveway crushed stone, and just some minor pitting. Mind you, after a while you could reverse them and have a fresh shiny side waiting for you to pelt with stones later. So really a long lasting product. Kudos to @CustomCVP.com for hand crafting such a good fitting product. The material quality looks good with just 1 hairline crack in the finish coat (nothing at all structural) after several hard bashing sessions in the cold (34 degrees F)

Plus:
Handmade in the USA by real people, smooth edges
Lightweight, Rigid
Protects expensive shock shafts, ends, CVD's and tie rods & ends
Double sided if you flip flop them L. to R.

Minus:
Does not include bolt to mount them on stock vehicle.

Pics. or it didn't happen:
IMG_3890_zps54630dc9.jpg

IMG_3891_zpsacf488cb.jpg

IMG_3892_zps18651826.jpg

IMG_3893_zpsb2288aa3.jpg

IMG_3894_zps86335a65.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the review, I actually have hardware kits listed separately, I'm waiting on the M4 X 30 mm cap heads to come in, I'm out or would have sent them, I also send a pair of 5 mm flanged lock nuts to replace the stock nut, and some cool rubber backed ss washers to go at the sway bar location, and a pair of m4 X 15 with washers for the center gusset in the arm for those who have the droop in the arm, I run 3 attachment locations on my stock plastic arms, my alloy arms don't need them, I don't drill the hole because I've found that some guys won't use it and it's no use for alloy arms.

The set on my first 5ive is over 2 years old, yep a couple of nicks, and you know I run my stuff year round, you ought to see them with 2 inches of ice built up on them, anyone that's had there 5ive over a year and beats it the way I do will see the dreaded sag, these will prevent it and will also cure it, the 3rd screw in the center is a big part of fixing/preventing the arm sag. Bottom line is they have a lifetime warranty, I make that flat stock myself, it's a gel coat finish, same as a boat, it will get nicks but if you manage to break one send it back for a new one, simple. You said you found a hairline cracked in the finish?

That is not right, there should never be a crack, I don't know how I could have missed that, I have beat them with a hammer and can't crack them, that could have been a hot batch of gel coat, do me a favor, beat those for a month and I'll send you another set with postage to send them back in the same package, I want to see where that crack goes, your the first one I've heard of any finish cracks, kinda pistes me off if you had any idea of the work it takes to bring out that shine, those get wet sanded starting at 320 to 800 to 1500 to 2000 grit while still in sheet for then after milling the get one last go over and wax, so I don't know how I missed it or it happened while being used either way gel coat is hard but flexible, there should be no cracks, imagine if a boat finish cracked after hitting a big wave, these are as strong as a hull. 4 sets went out that day only 2 could have come from the same sheet, I'll be interested to see if one of the others show any cracking, then I'll know what happened, beat them good and hard for me, great review and thanks for taking the time, May 1st I'll send you a set, just keep me posted if that changes state.

One cap full of MEK to much when I thin to spray would do that, and I've only used it on two sheets, I thin with asatone, but ran out, hmm learning lesson but a huge buzz kill, lol. Fn MEK you have to be a mad scientist with this stuff, no worries my man thanks again you could have just saved me a lot of problems, time, and money and trust me I'm not in this for the money, if I were we'd be closed lol, I want to help out 5ive guys and Losi DBXL guys with a part they never have to replace, that is my motivation, I hate when poop breaks.

It hasn't broken, it is just cosmetic on the backside, so you can't even tell. It still functions perfectly. Currently covered in mud, then grass and then sand over all of that, so I'm pretty sure no one would notice.:D I put a whole tank through it yesterday, it got the full treatment.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks