CY 26 looses power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smudger

Hi Lads, any idea on this one, as stated CY 26 fitted in my MCD RR, starts and runs fine, good power, after about 10-15 Mins though it starts to loose power and eventually wont run, I thought I'd cured it as it seemed like it was over heating and there was no fuel in the bowl, and when I ran it without the shell I had no problems, so I cut out one side window and made plenty holes in the front screen, but after running it today it's started doing the same thing again, after it cools down, fuel pumps through ok with the primer and it runs ok again for the same small period of time, is it overheating or is there another problem? Please :helpsmilie:

is the fuel cap breather blocked? this can cause issues after a little while running.

failing thar, have you taken teh plastic engine cowel off recently and checked for grass/crap build up? This may explain why you were OK running with the shell off.

Yep I forgot to mention I checked fuel cap, all ok, and in the past I had trouble with grass build up so now have Outerwears filter etc

This is a picture of the problems I was having (now resolved) but like I said it still seems to be overheating! :cursing:

P1507_28-10-09.gif

Cheers Voo, does having a knackered ring (ooh-er missus) cause the engine to overheat then? it still runs ok

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks