Damp Deeside Destruction Derby !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea mate it was flying, but found out why one of my tyres was going out of shape one of the driveshafts ball ends is twisted must be 90 degres out, thus making one wheel spin crazy fast.

NOTHING TODAY? :w00t::eek::w00t:

Only Jas and myself went today, as it was fathers day the missus and kids took me out for lunch, but still managed to shepard them home in good time.
Got down to Deeside expecting a few there but no, so got the cars out for a test run.
The KM has just had the new head fitted so that needed a run out and my HPI 5b wasn't well last time so it was stripped and cleaned, that too needed a tune up, got to say they both went well until the KM drive shaft popped out, thought i done the spur in until i took the gear cover off and found all was well, then noticed i had no shaft, found it though. Need them shock limiters off paulb to prevent the over travel on the shocks. (sending them to me today, Yepee.)
Jas run his KM and his Carson with a exhaust mod he's been playing with, its got some pull in that thing.

Then Mick turned up after going go-karting with old man, he didn't even let his dad win on fathers day. :lol:
He's sending his engine back to RCmodelz and hoping they'll replace it.

Hopefully next week we'll have a few more out and some footage for you Alan

alright i spoke to rc modlez they said there not payin for it because aparintly ni nose dived it at deeside and thats what put the woodruf key out of shape :( but it will only come to £24.00

alright i spoke to rc modlez they said there not payin for it because aparintly ni nose dived it at deeside and thats what put the woodruf key out of shape :( but it will only come to £24.00

Did you tell em that or like Pab says have they been spying on you on here???? Ive posted a cost effective solution for you on the other thread :cool2:

Did you tell em that or like Pab says have they been spying on you on here???? Ive posted a cost effective solution for you on the other thread :cool2:

seems there is no warranty at all on these buggys then,shame cos mike worked hard to buy this buggy, and has only run it a few times done a few big nose dives myself and my flywheel has never fell off nor anyone else,s for that matter,

seems there is no warranty at all on these buggys then,shame cos mike worked hard to buy this buggy, and has only run it a few times done a few big nose dives myself and my flywheel has never fell off nor anyone else,s for that matter,

+1 Pab. The hobby is expensive enough as it is without being robbed of a warranty for a feeble excuse when the real reason is poor quality castings, cheap servos, poor assembly etc. We all nose dive & barrel roll every outing with no breakages. My engine is still sound after its full throttle incident with the rock! RCmodelz need to start being fair and if they rate the quality of the KM's enough to sell them they should be making KM aware of the faults so that they can make improvements to the next version. I can see them and KM losing a lot of business over this. I love the baja style and the KM seemed like excellent value for money but my opinion is fast changing. Yes you expect niggles and some minor faults but you also expect some back up from the model shop and the manufacturer.

+1 Pab. The hobby is expensive enough as it is without being robbed of a warranty for a feeble excuse when the real reason is poor quality castings, cheap servos, poor assembly etc. We all nose dive & barrel roll every outing with no breakages. My engine is still sound after its full throttle incident with the rock! RCmodelz need to start being fair and if they rate the quality of the KM's enough to sell them they should be making KM aware of the faults so that they can make improvements to the next version. I can see them and KM losing a lot of business over this. I love the baja style and the KM seemed like excellent value for money but my opinion is fast changing. Yes you expect niggles and some minor faults but you also expect some back up from the model shop and the manufacturer.

yea thats biggest let down of the whole clone thing, there is very little or even no backup, 1st time i run my sq baja it bent a rear shock in half and ripped the spur gear apart within 5min,s i was lucky the place were i got it radicool racing sent the parts out free of charge, but a short time after he stopped selling clones saying they were to much hassle,i think hpi have cracked it with there new 2year waranty ,and a phone helpline,

Guys iv been knockin around large scales for a few years now, an iv gota be honest, STAY AWAY FROM CLONES ! There a false economy , im prob guna unleash a load of peeps sayin how good there are for the money etc etc
but iv not seen a relible one yet,they may be out there? but i aint seen them,,
iv read threads on them for years, an they always start out the same,, happy with the purchase ,saved a poop load of dosh, there identical an so on, And then the probs start
:(
iv seen some piss poor replies from shops and manufactures over the years to unhappy owners when they have jus tryed to make a claim or even jus get advice!!
if yer happy with yer clone cool , im jus hopin it stays that way ..
i know how expensive this hobby is ! but i hate seeing people gettin stuffed ,,

like the saying goes ,,, Yer get what yer pay for !
an in this hobby, its true ,,
Martin

Guys iv been knockin around large scales for a few years now, an iv gota be honest, STAY AWAY FROM CLONES ! There a false economy , im prob guna unleash a load of peeps sayin how good there are for the money etc etc
iv read threads on them for years, an they always start out the same,, happy with the purchase ,saved a poop load of dosh, there identical an so on, And then the probs start
iv seen some piss poor replies from shops and manufactures over the years to unhappy owners when they have jus tryed to make a claim or even jus get advice!!

Martin
ye mate but there still not cheep £500

Martin[/QUOTE yea people getting stuffed sucks, it seems a lot of gadget types shops pickup on the largscale clone thing,and when things go pearshaped they don,t want to know,

Wise words Martin. I have posted before that if HPI made a starter model at a comparable cost to the KM alloy (circa £500) they would wipe the floor with all of the competition and pretty much close out the clone market.
I do like the KM tho & its a shame these problems are cropping up. Parts like wishbones, shocks etc you would sort of expect to break easier than on the HPI's and they can be replaced with HPI parts as you go along but for the engines to start failing is bad news. They would be better off giving you the option of buying a rolling chassis so you could buy a Zen or CY.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks