Dangers of gas in the garage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Members,
I recently had a co-worker almost kill himself with a 1 gal gas can.
He kept gas in his garage like all of us, but failed to have proper ventilation and a fie extinguisher.
I don't know the details on the fire but a fire extinguisher would have controlled the fire.
Check out this video to open your eyes.
Stay safe,
William E. Burrows Jr.

IMG_0642.jpg

Dear Members,
I recently had a co-worker almost kill himself with a 1 gal gas can.
He kept gas in his garage like all of us, but failed to have proper ventilation and a fie extinguisher.
I don't know the details on the fire but a fire extinguisher would have controlled the the fire.
Check out this video to open your eyes.
Stay safe,
William E. Burrows Jr.

View attachment 51243

thanks, i will definetly get a fire extinguisher for gas and for battery fires!!!

So lets clear things up . Make sure the fuel lines and tank in you RC doesn't leak . Make sure your fuel can doesn't leak . Use a funnel and don't over fill your fuel tank . If you over fill the tank clean it up first before starting the damn thing. Don't fill the RC in the back of your car or truck . Only on the ground so you know that everything is grounded and there will be no static spark to ignite the fumes. Wipe up spills. It's nice to have a fire extinguisher but you don't have to have one to run these things.

And yes I have a fire extinguisher but it's in the kitchen where the odds of a fire are higher .

So lets clear things up . Make sure the fuel lines and tank in you RC doesn't leak . Make sure your fuel can doesn't leak . Use a funnel and don't over fill your fuel tank . If you over fill the tank clean it up first before starting the damn thing. Don't fill the RC in the back of your car or truck . Only on the ground so you know that everything is grounded and there will be no static spark to ignite the fumes. Wipe up spills. It's nice to have a fire extinguisher but you don't have to have one to run these things.

And yes I have a fire extinguisher but it's in the kitchen where the odds of a fire are higher .
I'd say coop nailed it use your noodle??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks