DBXL 2.0 first run - oily substance!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the help guys!!

This is an Electric model

Im so clueless.. bought my first RC wltoy in Dec
haven't done any work on any RC and don't know much about real cars or motors or electronics...basically worthless : (

I'll Be going in blind!!

Is it possible I might need a new center diff?

Any recommendations on tools I will need

I had already ordered the mip 3 piece screwdriver and the speed bits for my Arrmas...not sure if they'll even work on this Losi

You guys think i possibly got a lemon...with the motor burning hot on 6s 80c and the diff leak after only 20 min of run time Ever

We all know how much these things cost...you would expect to play with at least a couple times before breaking/leaking

Do you guys think I should reach out to Horizon Hobby

Trying not to be a whiner or a wiener!

Thanks

Well, yes and no, mate. Unless you can verify temps I don't think you have a valid complaint with the motor temps. By all means call horizon about the diff. They will send you whatever parts youd like. As far as I can see theres nothing really defective, besides possibly a loose screw. Which is honestly normal anymore. General rules of thumb is to buy it, strip it down and go over it. Sad to say,thats just how it is. Always a bug in the system.
My 4 year old daughter works on my rigs with me, so I'm sure a grown arse man can handle a grown up toy. You have a manual with exploded views, part numbers, and a few procedures listed in it.
I run snap on t handles, others will chime in on their brand.
Get in there like a fat kid gets chocolate cake, soon you'll be licking frosting off your fingers and have a need for more, then may be you'll be ready to step up to a bigger boy rig and the world of gas?? little practice on the e words first never hurt.

Going by the temps of your centre diff you need thicker fluid anyways. Take out all the diffs and check fluid levels, same for shocks. You have a manual but you also have a camera on your phone, so take plenty pics before hand so you know where everything goes.
The DBXL is the same as your 10th scale stuff just bigger with bigger bolts. Buy a set of metric allen keys, they generally start at 1.5mm up to approx 10mm, on a 5th scale you will use 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm and maybe even 5mm. Nuts generally start at M4 (7mm) up to M8 (13mm socket) but most often are M4 and M5.
If running on grass you may be over gear'd and need to drop down a tooth, remember the DBXL is a Desert Buggy so designed to run on sand/gravel/hard pack.
Have fun ripping into it, these large scale rigs take some maintenance and upkeep. Spannering is as much part of the hobby and bashing.

Great info guys , I own one of these rigs pretty new still , I've had no oil leak issues as of yet , it really is the luck of the draw , but it's very easy to work on , great choice of rc's in my opinion , I love mine , compaired to all the other stuff I have the dbxl goes along

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks