DBXL 2.0 first run - oily substance!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven W

Reading the Rules!
Hello everyone my name's Steven, this is my first thread
Hope everyone’s doing well!

Please forgive me ahead of time for any stupid questions or things I may ask or say : )

I’m super new to this hobby/sport and me and my grandkids are enjoying it a ton!

I asked this on a couple other threads and someone mentioned starting my own

I ran my new DBXL 2.0 for first time yesterday

Noticed after about 20 - 25 minutes on and off (mostly on short /medium grass and little dirt)... the motor was Burning hot could not keep my finger on it for to long

When I got home I noticed in the middle of the inside chassis looks to be a small amount of oil or oily substance, a little even splashed on the inside of the body

wondering if this is normal - what may have caused this - and does this require maintenance before running again

Forgive me guys I’m really clueless at this point...IMG_3996.jpgIMG_3995.jpgI have not done any work on any RCs
I admit I'am not very machanical and a little intimidated but excited to see what happens

Sorry for the long wind

Heres a couple pictures

Thank you!!
IMG_3996.jpgIMG_3995.jpgIMG_3994.jpgIMG_3993.jpgIMG_3999.jpg
I did wipe up a little of the oily sub. so there was more

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3994.jpg
    IMG_3994.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 4
Perfect ?... to make it easier for you take a piece of cardboard and make a representation of the layout of the chassis you would be pulling g screws out of and stock the screws in those holes so you know what hole goes with what screw. Its unfortunate but this type of "warranty" is in your hands. Yes you can send it to horizon but its highly unnecessary to do so. Take pictures with your phone of areas that you may think you will forget where screws came from. The center diff is leaking and it's up to you to take it apart and either tighten or replace that gasket.. if you get stuck along the way we will most certainly help you get it back together

The Oil was mostly where all the grass is.. kind of gathered in that little square indention on the chassis

Thank you so much
May I ask what might be some reasons the diff may leak

I did no bashing was just running around on two 3s 80c

Wow!
Looks like I'm going to be doing this a lil sooner than I thought

I'm thinking probably some youtube videos on this?

What do you guys think about using my warranty on this...would it be covered ..wonering if the diff could be a ongoing issue or is it more than likely an easy one and done (kind of) fix

Thanks

Pull the center diff and fix her its not hard
Could be as simple as tighten up the screws

My fast boats motor was always screaming hot and that was with water cooling. Big voltage means big heat.

Thanks for all the help and responses!

Really like the cardboard chassis idea

Couple thoughts/questions
Was hot motor an issue - If this was running extremely hot on only 6s power will it be worse on 8s

Would this be ok to run at all before fixed? Expecting my new batteriers =8s power

Like I mentioned I've never worked on any RCs, I don't even have many tools yet
Was going to order some more tonight

Thanks

Doubt the heat caused an issue its silicone oil. And make sure to get decent name brand tools ....harbor freight stuff will cause more damage when you round out a cap screw.

Diffs leaking kinda happens. When I built my 5ive t, had her out for a few test and tune laps, and the center diff started leaking. I feked something up, just part of it, wanted to go heavier on the center diff anyways. Live and learn. You should be able to take the center diff out with minimal removal of other components of memory serves, linkage few screws and up and out.

Diffs leaking kinda happens. When I built my 5ive t, had her out for a few test and tune laps, and the center diff started leaking. I feked something up, just part of it, wanted to go heavier on the center diff anyways. Live and learn. You should be able to take the center diff out with minimal removal of other components of memory serves, linkage few screws and up and out.
Same thing with my L5B build?‍♂️?‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks