DBXL 2.0 DBXL 2.0 gas newbie questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrace

Just purchased my 1st gas rc car. I have run a couple of gallons of gas through it and having a ball but have a few questions. Both my rh wheels have multiple cracks. I have new stock ones ordered but I wondered if this was common and I should get different wheels or just a quirk? Also does anyone lube dog bones or cv joints? I ordered some sticky grease from DDM but don’t see anything in the manual about it.

yeap. very common for the dbxl wheels to have cracks. mine had crackes after a few runs. so far after a year mine haven't gotten wose. but a lot of guys have had theirs break even on their first run. contact horizon, they'll send you new ones for free if you send them a picture of your broken ones. . and if you don't want them. sell them. . 5ive wheels are cheap upgrade that add a little width. Vitavon aluminum wheels if you got $ to splurge.

FLM axles are the best axles you can get. they come with a pin retaining collar and are made of stronger steel. the stock CVs are fine to run for now but the drive pins like to come out and shred the whole thing. So at minimum take the axles apart and RED LOCTITE those grub screws and pins in. I don't grease mine, its makes a nasty mess and the boot die quick and then it just open to dust to turn into grinding paste. I just clean mine after ever run and have had no problems.

yeap. very common for the dbxl wheels to have cracks. mine had crackes after a few runs. so far after a year mine haven't gotten wose. but a lot of guys have had theirs break even on their first run. contact horizon, they'll send you new ones for free if you send them a picture of your broken ones. . and if you don't want them. sell them. . 5ive wheels are cheap upgrade that add a little width. Vitavon aluminum wheels if you got $ to splurge.

FLM axles are the best axles you can get. they come with a pin retaining collar and are made of stronger steel. the stock CVs are fine to run for now but the drive pins like to come out and shred the whole thing. So at minimum take the axles apart and RED LOCTITE those grub screws and pins in. I don't grease mine, its makes a nasty mess and the boot die quick and then it just open to dust to turn into grinding paste. I just clean mine after ever run and have had no problems.
My CV joint pin keeps on coming out and its irritating the hell out of me, where can I find those FLM axles that have the retaining ring? Will they work for my 2.0?

@hqabuggy is the pin threaded or press fit?
Most definitely not threaded, I just push it back in but it can slide out really easily. Only one of these pins is causing me issues too. All three other axles have held their pins in. Not quite sure what press fit means, perhaps you can educate me so I can fix this

Sure, it's a tolerance fit which means the hole is ever so slightly smaller than the pin to allow the pin to "grip" onto the part of the hole it sits in. If the hole is larger than the pin diameter then you will get your current issue. Your cv joint may be worn out and needs replacing or you can use a bearing/sleeve retaining compound on the area between the pin and the pin bore to eliminate it from slipping out if the bore is not too far gone. But use caution as to not "lock" the cv joint from being able to oscillate otherwise you'll have binding issues, so just use it on the outter most part of the pin bore.

Screenshot_20220510-190023_Google.jpg

New problem same car. Just stripped the gears on the stock steering servo I did order the upgrade one s900s to replace it but I wondered if the servo saver was adjusted wrong. There is nothing in the manual about it. Is there any kind of rule of thumb on adjusting it?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks