DBXL body panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabidfox50

OK, so I'm looking to give my DBXL that personal touch and located clear body panels for it to paint up. Sheesh! $70 for clear lean? No Bueno! Anyone out there know a source for "cheaper" body panels or is this going to be a "make me yo self" project? I'm good either way.

I remember from my Associated MGT days buying a steel roll cage and mocking up some lean panels for it. My other toy store, Home Depot, has what I would need.

Share your home brew body panels here! :cool:

Its a little of a hassle to get, all the depends how accessible a junkyard is to you.
The plastic undercover panels for automobiles, the covers that goes under the car, are very strong. I use them to make my wings for my 1/8th buggies. The plastic has amazing memory and are resilient to breakage. Thats what I am thinking on doing for the X2 if I go roll cage mode.
On some u-pick/u-pull auto wreckers they may even let you take them for cheap.

I will be keeping the K&N body so no, I'm will not strip the paint off that. Besides, it would be more of a hassle than to just paint clear ones. I'm planning on grabbing a roll cage off eBay then making my own panels from some lean I have in my garage. Funny you should mention the undercarriage material crankestien. I do have a bit of that as well.

I will be keeping the K&N body so no, I'm will not strip the paint off that. Besides, it would be more of a hassle than to just paint clear ones. I'm planning on grabbing a roll cage off eBay then making my own panels from some lean I have in my garage. Funny you should mention the undercarriage material crankestien. I do have a bit of that as well.
Can you tell me what the cage is made out of?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks