DBXL Diffs Attention Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomCVP.com

Gents this is important, if you haven't opened your diffs yet you need to open them and service the fluid, what little did come from the factory is nasty, my rig is only 2 weeks old my rear diff is empty. The bearings are all rusted up and I clean my truck with a ton of air and it's always warm. The center had what looked like black grease, I have pics of the rear, will try to get them in this post. But I stopped what I was doing to get this up, the spiral gear was dry and the outer bearing closest to the shalt looked like poop, I'll be repacking all of them. Photobucket isn't working for me right now, I have both clips sitting here on the bench I'll get the rear done and take pics of the front too. I'd like to hear from others who have opened their diffs up and what they have found, I got the jetpro pipe and made the adjustments to the Turtle mount so the Reed case fits nice, I actually got it to work with a DDM Dominator but just to tight but if I didn't get into the diffs and started bashing on this thing I would have trashed that rear diff for sure and I'll bet the front looks the same way. Get at it boys you got work to do. Pay some time now or real money later, this ain't no joke, seriously they need attention.

I opened mine also... after the first tank. And while mine weren't rusted there was a little black oily substance in there. I added a bunch of bearing grease to bide my time until I figure out what im going to do with all the diffs. I want to spool the rear and center I think.
Oh, and btw, they wayyy overtighened the screws for the diff cup. I had to grind one out and replace the screw. was not happy about it.

Opened mine up today. VERY LITTLE FLUID! I drained and filled back up with 60k front rear and center.

-not terribly surprising....RTR's are RTR's even when they cost a grand. At least all of the spider gears are in there. I've serviced new MT truck diffs. that only had 2 of the 4 spider gears in them! A couple of Savages and a Revo. I had to take pictures for HPI to believe me!

My front and back were pretty dry. Middle looked much fuller. But had really nasty black looking fluid in there

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks