DBXL-e 2.0 Differential Oil Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centaur

Hello All,

I have a DBXL-e 2.0 and really enjoy it however I took it out yesterday after sitting for a few weeks and noticed it wasn't performing very well. Like maybe 60% of normal. I decided I would break it down and go through and change oils and lube what needs to be lubed. Look for damaged parts, etc.
The manual calls for 30,000 cst oil for front and rear diff and 50,000 cst for the center diff. Does anyone have a recommendation that worked well for them?

Thanks and stay well!

Wow! I wasn't expecting that. Lol. Seems like a big change but maybe I'm not converting the viscosity correctly? I don't see that available from Losi but I see it is available from Team Associated. What brand do you recommend?

I got 60k front and rear and 500k center I think mike has 1 mil in one of his centers as well. 30k is too light for the diffs imo. I like the 500k in the center had just enough give to it. You may be able to get away with a bit lighter in the center diff as tour running the stock engine (I assume) with a g320 I had a lot of front tire ballooning till I amped up to the 500k in the center.

I guess I need to test it out. I only have two places to run this guy. One is a big grass field. The other is a craggy, ditchy kind of place with some sage brush here and there. I'll order 60k, 100k, 300k, 500k and start there. With everything going on now I'm not sure when it will arrive. It certainly is not the most important thing on my mind but I will let you know how it turns out.

Be well all!

Just to get this straight: Heavier center diff oil better locks the power balance between the front and rear and heavier front/rear diff oil better locks the power balance between respective left/right tires?

Interesting.. you guys are running some pretty thick fluids. Reading previous threads over the years, generally people seemed to be pretty happy with 30K front and rear and 100K in the center. How does the rig corner on pavement with such thick fluids? I actually really enjoy the tarmac handling. That will no doubt suffer with the thicker fluids. Do you guys mostly run off road?

don't run on road, so I couldn't tell you. 100k center the front balloons like crazy and the rear is just along for the ride. I jumped right up to 500k and it's been very good at limiting all power going to the front. I tried staying with the lighter 30k fluid in the diffs and was just never happy with how it turned. I may lighten the front up to 50k, but I'll prolly go heavier in the rear end, isn't limited slip enough for me yet.

Someone try 50K front, 50K rear and 100K for Center##$$DBXL E 2.0##$$ . Could be better than stock.?My DBXL still running perfect from 07/2023 near one year still not refill. What a recomendations to change silicone in diffs.
For how long MAYBE 3 month in garage i driving sporaadically. Not 24/7 Stress.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks