DBXL-E Aluminum center diff case fits DBXL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

Hey guys,

As title says I'm looking to upgrade my DBXL center diff case. Does anyone know if the DBXL-E aluminum one will work? I was considering the Hot racing aluminum one, but I've heard mostly bad things about the quality of their parts.

thanks,

Hey guys,

As title says I'm looking to upgrade my DBXL center diff case. Does anyone know if the DBXL-E aluminum one will work? I was considering the Hot racing aluminum one, but I've heard mostly bad things about the quality of their parts.

thanks,

I have used the hot bodies diff cups with no issue, along with there aluminum steering bellcrank and top gusset plate, and the shock towers. All perfect fit. The diff cups are a nice upgrade

I have used the hot bodies diff cups with no issue, along with there aluminum steering bellcrank and top gusset plate, and the shock towers. All perfect fit. The diff cups are a nice upgrade

Is hot bodies the same as hot racing? I've never heard of hot bodies. Anyways, as for Hot racing, I've read on multiple forums that either the parts have problem with fitment and/or the aluminum is very soft. In my experience, while a lot of aftermarket aluminum parts fit nicely and look super bling, they don't actually add much in terms of strength. So other than a visual improvement they do little to strengthen anything. Yeah racing and Integy is a perfect example of this. Their parts look awesome and are very nicely machined, but they bend like swiss cheese.

I have most of the FID/GTB aluminum chassis related upgrades and they definitely seem to be an improvement. However, only time will tell.

Yes hot racing sorry. I haven't heard that about them I guess, as you said only time will tell. FID does make some very nice stuff along with area rc. The hot racing stuff I used was good quality, not soft by any means. I know integy stuff and most of there stuff is garbage. These were much better quality. I have yet to see someone break any diff cups or there steering bellcrank. If they did it would have to of been a massive hit. Just my experience with them, your bound to get a bad experience with anything if someone doesn't do it correctly.

I got all 3 diffs for $75 off a guy brand new which is why I got them. I couldn't see myself spending $70 a piece for the rcmax or FID ones is all. Pretty stupid me I guess considering I have almost 3k into mine already lol

Is hot bodies the same as hot racing? I've never heard of hot bodies. Anyways, as for Hot racing, I've read on multiple forums that either the parts have problem with fitment and/or the aluminum is very soft. In my experience, while a lot of aftermarket aluminum parts fit nicely and look super bling, they don't actually add much in terms of strength. So other than a visual improvement they do little to strengthen anything. Yeah racing and Integy is a perfect example of this. Their parts look awesome and are very nicely machined, but they bend like swiss cheese.

I have most of the FID/GTB aluminum chassis related upgrades and they definitely seem to be an improvement. However, only time will tell.
I can only speak from my experience, my Dbxl has hot racing diff cases both chassis braces and steering upper plate, I run a OBR .34 Full Mod in it and Iam not to easy on it either!!-

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks