DBXL-E Battery Voltage - Batteries I Should Use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Hi

The manual says to use batteries that are 100C
I have read and seen some videos where some say use a 8000mah battery
I have seen some videos where some had ESC cutouts due to batteries not suitable for the power needed

• I changed the ESC to a HW Max5
  • I will stay with the stock motor 780kv
  • I have styles of lipos sets of batteries
    • China Hobby 4S 5600mah 120C
    • HOOVO 4S 4S 6600mah 120C
    • I "could" buy will not if I do not need to: China Hobby 4S 8000mah 120C

For the Losi DBXL-E running stock, besides the ESC, am I good for power/voltage for my electronics?

Thx

With these heavy rigs, the higher the mah the better; otherwise, you will be changing out your batteries quite often.

Regarding brands, the cheap china batteries can be hit and miss. I've had ZEEE batteries that have been complete workhorses and pull hard until the cutoff. But I've also had some that don't balance well and seem to have voltage dumps.

My current favorite battery is SMC 4S 10800mah 120C battery. They have good form factors and last a long time.

Hi

The manual says to use batteries that are 100C
I have read and seen some videos where some say use a 8000mah battery
I have seen some videos where some had ESC cutouts due to batteries not suitable for the power needed

• I changed the ESC to a HW Max5
  • I will stay with the stock motor 780kv
  • I have styles of lipos sets of batteries
    • China Hobby 4S 5600mah 120C
    • HOOVO 4S 4S 6600mah 120C
    • I "could" buy will not if I do not need to: China Hobby 4S 8000mah 120C

For the Losi DBXL-E running stock, besides the ESC, am I good for power/voltage for my electronics?

Thx
The batteries you already own are probably fine on stock pinion, understanding that run time won’t be great.

However, that motor and ESC will pull a lot of current as you gear up, and those small batteries may start failing on you. Higher-capacity batteries can handle the increased current draw much more safely.

Just ran mine for the first time with some 6500 Onyx as that is what I had. While I was happy with the run time, a little more would be nice and the second set I get for it will be bigger.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks