DBXL 2.0 DBXL-E Screaming Transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keir

Hello
Im currently working on a dbxl 12s project, I have some general questions about the transmission.
I've been running an xlx2 1100kv setup before and my transmission was screaming like hell.

Does anyone know how to silence that noise more? Or is it just a dbxl thing?

I already upgraded to alloy diff cases because I busted the old ones, I also reshimmed it while rebuilding to ,,factory,, setup.

The dbxl platform does not use a transmission, it's just a center diff out to front and rear diffs then to the wheels. A friend of mine has a dbxl-e 2.0 with a xlx2 on 8s and it is extremely loud.

Spur cut or straight cut gears are just plain noisy, have you ever heard a centrifugal supercharger at idle? Makes a whining gear noise due to straight cut gears, it's normal carry on (y)

They do make some noise in general... could check the bearings out just in case something went bad. I've had new bearings die randomly and that will definitely increase the noise. I had some fast eddys in a DB that after 3-4 packs were shot and needed to be replaced.

The dbxl platform does not use a transmission, it's just a center diff out to front and rear diffs then to the wheels. A friend of mine has a dbxl-e 2.0 with a xlx2 on 8s and it is extremely loud.

Spur cut or straight cut gears are just plain noisy, have you ever heard a centrifugal supercharger at idle? Makes a whining gear noise due to straight cut gears, it's normal carry on (y)
Sorry that's what I've meant, the whole drive train.
Thank you for you're explanation but I'm just looking for someone experienced that knows how to silence that screaming more because I kinda don't like it.
They do make some noise in general... could check the bearings out just in case something went bad. I've had new bearings die randomly and that will definitely increase the noise. I had some fast eddys in a DB that after 3-4 packs were shot and needed to be replaced.
Yes that's also familiar to mine, i,ve already replaced the plastic front and rear diff cases with alloy ones. While doing that I re-shimmend the diffs and replaced with the bearings with some rubber sealed bearings.

Somebody Experienced on telling you what you want to hear or someone that's gunna be straight with you and tell you such a thing doesn't exist. Put ear plugs in, cheap and solves your problem.

Maybe post a video of what "screaming" is to you.

I think you misunderstood what I meant with ,,experienced,,
With Screaming I meant that high pitch noise that the Dbxl makes while accelerating, like I've said I've already put new bearings in and replaced the diff cases.

As an Exmaple Schwaben-Tec (german youtuber) made a silence drive mod for the Dbxl-E but never showed how to actully do it.
He also Offers that mod when you buy a dbxl through his website.

https://schwaben-tec.de/product_info.php?products_id=43

To be clear I'm not Native language is not English so im sorry if there are any misunderstandings.

@Keir I understand now, no worries.

So reading his description it's "modded" with an unknown solution but then states the gears are lubricated which is fine but the main pinion and spur cannot use grease so im curious what his solution is. You can try a dry lube on the pinion and spur and see if that helps.

There are drivers out there thay could be used to make the motor a "silent" drive. Pretty common in 3d printers to opt for a silent drive over the screechy stock ones, but I would think drivers (basically the same as a speed control how I understand it) would be quite expensive for the amp ratings we have in rc. Helical cut gears would reduce a lot if noise we experience with straight cut gears, but that would be pretty expensive as well. I would think he could make some sort of enclsed gearbox, but even then if it was full of grease, I would think it would still be quite loud.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks